Alan Pardew: England is pinnacle of career but I'm happy at Crystal Palace
Alan Pardew believes managing England in the "pinnacle for any Englishman's career" but insists he is happy at Crystal Palace and remains entirely focused on his job at Selhurst Park.
The 55-year-old is one of the names linked to the vacant role as England boss after Sam Allardyce left the job after just 67 days and one game in charge.
Allardyce's short reign came to an end after his contract was terminated by mutual consent on Tuesday after he was secretly filmed by the Daily Telegraph making a series of controversial comments.
Pardew, who has been at Palace since January 2015,... read more
- 14:54 ‘YOU’RE SCANDALOUS’ French MP in astonishing UK attack over...
- 14:54 Sexually assaulted in VR: Female gamer feels 'violated' after being...
- 14:54 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:53 The Star reveals mystery locations of new Sheffield street art
- 14:53 Scottish Premiership supersub revealed - which player has made the...
- 14:53 New post office puts Heron at the heart of South Yorkshire community
- 14:53 Man charged with alleged Sheffield burglary
- 14:52 Upmarket steakhouse set to open this week at Northampton's former...
- 14:52 City shamed as bigamy blackspot - after love rat dumped sick wife...
- 14:52 Cookery duo set to open Northampton pub after quarter of a million...
- 14:51 ‘Irritated’ dad denies murder
- 14:51 Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City go...
- 14:51 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:50 For British bank start-up, Brexit has silver lining - more loans
- 14:50 EU proposes common tax rules to close avoidance loopholes
- 14:50 Michael Gove admits Tory leadership 'mistakes'
- 14:50 Pioneering treatment offers new hope for Sunderland schoolboy Pascal
- 14:50 Euro 2016 and Premier League hat-tricks - What has happened to some...
- 14:49 Two Muslim preachers arrested at Ibizan party haven accused of...
- 14:49 MIGRANT CRISIS: Death toll in Mediterranean surpasses 3,700 this year
- 14:48 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:46 BlackBerry launches its third Android-based phone