Alabama Rot symptoms and prevention - everything you need to know about deadly dog disease
Pet owners are being warned to take extra precautions following the death of a dog in Leicestershire which may have been caused by Alabama Rot.
The dog was treated at Fairfield Veterinary Centre in Hinckley and staff there "strongly suspect" a case of the condition, formally known as CRGV.
The animal's health suddenly declined before it passed away on Thursday, January 4.
Following this they have issued some practical advice to dog walkers.
Read More Dog thought to have died from Alabama Rot in Leicestershire Terry Dunne, Fairfield's principle veterinary surgeon, said: "The... read more
- 15:21 Airedale students explore impact of alcohol in new play
- 15:20 Rhys Jones's murder - the harrowing true story behind crime which...
- 15:20 Rikki Neave death: No charges over schoolboy murder
- 15:19 Intel CEO Brian Krzanich quits over relationship with employee
- 15:18 SPAR staff take on Preston's Guild Wheel for Macmillan
- 15:17 How Rhys Jones's killer Sean Mercer and his Croxteth Crew were caught
- 15:17 Rhys Jones killer Sean Mercer's comfy prison life revealed
- 15:17 This is where ex-West Brom misfit Saido Berahino could be playing...
- 15:17 Aston Villa's Jack Grealish to Liverpool? We take a look at that...
- 15:17 MPs call for police inquiry into claims Russian money funded Brexit...
- 15:17 Married Intel CEO Brian Krzanich resigns over relationship with...
- 15:16 Hucknall cadets pay respect to fallen troops in Belgium
- 15:16 Tour of Britain will provide county with 'multi-million pound boost'
- 15:16 Factories on fire as output rebounds
- 15:15 France vs Peru latest score: LIVE updates from World Cup Group C clash
- 15:15 Fred: Man Utd's £52m signing speaks for first time since completing...
- 15:15 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Friday, June 22, in the...
- 15:15 Liverpool fans troll Man Utd as Fred announcement video goes viral
- 15:15 Barcelona star shoots down Manchester United transfer talk
- 15:15 Northampotonshire Army Cadet Forces celebrate new commission
- 15:15 Pendle punk duo back on the scene
- 15:14 Teen held after NINTH arrest in Miguel Reynolds murder investigation
- 15:13 Digging starts for new digital health park in Chorley
- 15:13 Pitch in name ideas for new Chorley restaurant
- 15:13 Koko the world famous gorilla who learned sign language dies aged 46
- 15:12 Mother may have killed baby daughter by rolling on her in bed
- 15:12 Sara Netanyahu charged with misuse of public funds
- 15:11 'I have to ring my bell to scare off the rats' - woman's disgusting...
- 15:11 The 2018/19 Championship fixtures that are already making Sheffield...
- 15:11 Tour of Britain will provide county with 'multi-million pound boost'