Airline Monarch retains operating licence after £165m cash injection
Monarch has secured a £165 million cash injection from its owner, Greybull Capital, allowing it to retain its licence to operate.
The airline had faced a midnight deadline to secure fresh funding or risk being unable to renew its Atol licence.
On Wednesday the group said that, alongside the investment - the biggest in its 48-year history - Monarch would take delivery of the first of 30 Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft in 2018.
Chief executive Andrew Swaffield said: "It is testament to the extensive effort by all parties, over the past weeks and months, that we are able to announce the largest... read more
- 00:32 Do six people die for every kilo of cocaine?
- 00:32 Citroen DS3 Performance review - Return of the pocket rocket
- 00:30 Venezuelans protest after quashed referendum
- 00:26 Police release 12 more mugshots of fans after Scottish Cup Final...
- 00:22 West Brom: Tony Pulis gives his verdict on Liverpool
- 00:22 Pierluigi Gollini: Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce on the young...
- 00:22 Sam Eggington's epic defeat of Frankie Gavin was a 'super human'...
- 00:21 'Revolutionary' flab-busting treatment endorsed by Kim Kardashian...
- 00:19 QUICK QUIZ: What’s been going on this week?
- 00:15 Police launch inquiry into death of woman ‘refused’ an abortion by...
- 00:12 Thropton WI, Meeting
- 00:11 River Island, New Look and Next: The best coat designs for winter
- 00:11 Debenhams, Oliver Bonas and Jigsaw: The best accessories we want...
- 00:12 Interview: Father of LiFi brings web out of the dark ages
- 00:11 Tesco, Next and Debenhams: The most stylish bread bins
- 00:11 Loaf, Amara and Swoon: Luxurious accessories to create a warm home
- 00:11 Aveda, Bumble and Origins: The best new hair products
- 00:11 Jose Mourinho: Man United vs Man City derby isn't that important
- 00:11 LK Bennett, Debenhams and Matalan: The best mini bag designs for...
- 00:11 Arsenal ace reacts to Mesut Ozil exit rumours: They're a big club -...
- 00:11 Escada, Kurt Geiger and Gap: Traditional tweeds with a twist
- 00:06 There’s something a bit off about these cemetery bushes
- 00:05 New images released as police continue Hampden trouble probe
- 00:05 Sturgeon pledges to use new powers to safeguard disability rights
- 23:59 Euan McColm: Racism bares its teeth at Jungle refugees
- 23:59 Leader: No campaign needs figurehead – just in case
- 23:59 Darling claims Sturgeon is bluffing with indyref2 bid
- 23:46 Northolt armed stand-off enters second night of talks
- 23:40 North Wales football results: October 21-22
- 23:38 Jeff Salway: Why Tories are for turning on annuity sales