Air strikes hit eastern Aleppo, including market, kill 25 - rescue service
Heavy air strikes on rebel-held areas in the Syrian city of Aleppo killed 25 people on Wednesday, most of them at a market, a rescue service said, as the Syrian government and Russia pursued their joint offensive to capture the whole city.
Syrian and Russian military officials could not immediately be reached for comment on the latest air strikes.
The Civil Defence, a rescue service operating in rebel-held areas, said on its Twitter feed the air strikes had killed 25 people, 15 of them at a market place in the Fardous district.
Heavy aerial bombardment of eastern Aleppo resumed on Tuesday... read more
- 09:47 Police officer ‘threw a stress ball at a colleague’s throat’
- 09:46 Darren Philp: Still more to do on pensions reforms
- 09:46 Andrew Vine: Failure of social safety net traps elderly on NHS wards
- 09:46 Tom Richmond: Heseltine and Mandelson - Don’t write off these big...
- 09:46 Sleet and rain expected over the next 24 hours
- 09:46 Darkest Hour: Gary Oldman’s Churchill speech receives STANDING...
- 09:45 Drink-drive offender was spotted driving through a red light
- 09:44 Harrogate MP Andrew Jones on new business role within government
- 09:44 Like him or not, Trump must visit
- 09:44 West Bromwich Albion star 'should stay' at Walsall - but Glasgow...
- 09:44 "He needs to play" - Aston Villa transfer target ALLOWED to leave
- 09:44 Coach Trip is back - and it wants Brummie contestants for new series
- 09:44 Here comes Fionn! Weather warning as fresh storm heads to Blackpool
- 09:42 Rapper targeted in arson attacks over 'disrespectful' songs and...
- 09:42 Two arrested after knife attack at Carlisle takeaway
- 09:41 Drink-drive offender was spotted driving through a red light
- 09:40 Seth Rollins brings back the Curbstomp, Chris Jericho to return:...
- 09:40 Court listings 16/01/18
- 09:40 UK inflation rate falls slightly
- 09:40 New Notts partnership saves fraud victims £.25m
- 09:39 Watch what Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez could bring to Manchester...
- 09:38 We pay for the FENCE! May fires back at Macron over claims UK...
- 09:38 Documentary to turn spotlight on ‘mate crime’
- 09:38 Thug threatened to bite and spit at police while claiming he was...
- 09:37 Top Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic shot dead
- 09:37 Thief disturbed during burglary at Wellingborough house
- 09:37 Chorley Court Listings - Tuesday January 16 2018
- 09:36 Harrogate MP Andrew Jones on new business role within government
- 09:36 PTSG’s results are set to be in line with board’s expectations
- 09:36 F1 logo could land authorities in LEGAL battle over copyright issue