Air strikes damage two hospitals in Aleppo
Medical officials say airstrikes have severely damaged two hospitals in eastern rebel-held Aleppo, leading to the death of two seriously ill patients.
The air strikes early Wednesday hit the M1 and M10 hospitals, knocking out generators and cutting off water supplies, putting them temporarily out of service.
’Like’ The Scotsman on Facebook for regular updates
DOWNLOAD THE SCOTSMAN APP ON ITUNES OR GOOGLE PLAY
READ MORE: Syrian foreign minister says ceasefire is still viable
Mohammed Abu Rajab, head of M10 hospital, the largest of eight hospitals in eastern Aleppo, says two patients died... read more
- 08:34 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:33 Ilkeston arsonist must pay £1,000 compensation to victim
- 08:27 'The board have to make a decision' West Brom boss Tony Pulis - the...
- 08:25 No seasonal slowdown at Heatherslaw Cornmill
- 08:25 Northumberland farmer lands new role with the CLA
- 08:25 Beer festival helps hospice
- 08:25 Engineers reveal how they made Guy Martin's Mark IV replica tank
- 08:22 Manchester United target £136million double transfer of Antoine...
- 08:21 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers call out Mollie King over...
- 08:21 Devious way a man recorded teenage girl in a shower
- 08:19 A robotic revolution? Newcastle City Council frees up staff days by...
- 08:19 Why does it take so long to turn into North Shields at new Billy...
- 08:19 Current affairs getting you down? Here are some reason to be cheerful
- 08:19 Where we are in the league of shame for stealing from supermarket...
- 08:18 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:17 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:16 ‘Baileys’ recipe video: Here’s how to make your own whiskey and...
- 08:16 We have to start recognising male post natal depression
- 08:16 Manchester United manager opens up on Anthony Martial and Marcus...
- 08:12 Five-star Carolyn leads way at Stratford Oaks’ presentation night
- 08:12 Fire breaks out in pub chimney
- 08:10 Burton hospital governors to be shown plan explaining benefits of...
- 08:09 Sheriffs are coming to town in 2020
- 08:02 A FOURTH multi-storey student apartment block could be on its way...
- 07:55 Aled Jones ‘strongly denies inappropriate contact’ as he is axed by...
- 07:55 Businessman spreading happiness and raising money for charity...
- 07:53 Dog park is the perfect playground for perky pooches
- 07:48 Inside Leeds' new children's bookshop
- 07:43 Ilkeston's last council-run care home under threat of closure
- 07:41 Mum 'disgusted' after finding mouldy meatballs in tin from Aldi