Air ambulance called to Furness secondary school
Emergency services were called to the Dalton secondary school at lunchtime yesterday. A female pupil was later taken to Furness General Hospital by road ambulance.
In a post on the school's Facebook page, staff said: "The safety of our students is always our number one priority and obviously where students are concerned we err on the side of caution.
"An ambulance was called at lunchtime today and the paramedics made the decision to have an air ambulance in attendance.
"The student concerned was finally taken by road to Furness General Hospital.
"Thank you to everyone... read more
- 06:20 Manchester United boss Mourinho won't be doing this at Stamford Bridge
- 06:21 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:20 Cancer survivor offering performing arts scholarship to children...
- 06:20 Guardiola reveals first Man City concerns after four games without...
- 06:20 Who has been drink-driving?
- 06:20 Bayern defender explains why Man City coach 'never communicates'...
- 06:20 Nottingham’s own Oktoberfest is coming - with exclusive beer,...
- 06:19 Civil War comes to Sibford
- 06:19 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:19 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:19 Pensioner robbed in Banbury town centre
- 06:14 Youngsters make their mark in commmunity
- 06:14 ‘Killer’ Asian Hornet’s UK invasion worse than we thought
- 06:14 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:14 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:14 Proposed new town in Harborough district could house 7,000 people
- 06:13 Second independence referendum looms as Brexit minister rules out...
- 06:13 Police welcome sentencing of rapist jailed for 10 years after...
- 06:13 Man is jailed for assaulting woman in the Dart Inn in Stapenhill
- 06:13 Jobless in Burton and Swadlincote on the increase, new figures reveal
- 06:13 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:13 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:13 Parents urged to swap candles for LED light for Halloween
- 06:04 Ross Douthat: Trump afterlife could be ugly
- 06:04 Leader comment: Alcohol problem must be tackled right now
- 06:04 Leader comment: Aberfan tragedy should have been prevented
- 06:04 England C call up for Lincoln City stars bring more positives than...
- 06:04 Mark Venus respects Coventry City fans' right to express their...
- 05:56 Stressed drink-drive teacher gets 16 month ban from the road
- 05:52 Jose Mourinho's best ever XI: Which Chelsea and Manchester United...