Aidan Smith: The Spice Girls’ reunion in our post-Weinstein age
Aidan Smith wonders if a reunion by the Girl Power icons has any relevance in the post-Weinstein age.
In the Presidents Club fallout, the post-Weinstein purges are coming thick and fast. What we need is some help and guidance telling us exactly where we are in the momentous debate. Maybe if an attractive girl could walk round with a board indicating “Round 42” or whatever? Actually, no: that’s a bad idea.
Boxing is holding onto the women who fulfill this function – for now, anyway – but darts has retired the players’ escorts and Formula 1 has followed suit by standing down the grid girls.... read more
- 15:35 Motorbike rider in 'serious but stable' condition after A171 crash
- 15:35 Wells Fargo to pay $1bn in largest fine levied against a bank under...
- 15:35 Crafty pupils stub out cigarette litter
- 15:34 Pit banner parade to return after 30 years
- 15:34 Is it legal to smoke weed on 420?
- 15:33 Have you seen this missing Kettering man?
- 15:33 Vandals burn sundial with BBQ coals and smash bottles at Markfield...
- 15:33 Number of house fires in Northamptonshire drops
- 15:33 Sporting great Frank Bruno MBE special guest at Staverton fundraiser
- 15:30 Snow set to replace sizzling spring heatwave next week
- 15:29 Roadworks on the A1031 and A16 next week
- 15:29 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:28 Salisbury asks Banksy to brighten barriers at contaminated sites
- 15:28 The best keg deals on Strongbow Dark Fruits, Heineken and Budvar
- 15:28 Wallets at the ready! Join our tour of the UK's greatest record shops
- 15:26 Daylight shooting getaway driver from Northampton posed for...
- 15:26 Images: The machine flown over from Germany to keep Wigan dad's...
- 15:26 Acid victim says ‘don’t be a bell end’ to anyone looking to carry...
- 15:26 Town poll to be held asking Whitby residents: 'Do you want to leave...
- 15:25 Annabel’s new role in BBC drama The Split
- 15:24 Busy stretch of A50 in Uttoxeter shut for emergency repairs
- 15:24 Sandwich shop owner chooses to help environmental by joining ReFILL...
- 15:24 Roadworks on the A1031 and A16 next week
- 15:23 Delayed Brexit immigration plans 'due in months'
- 15:23 Grass fire in Mansfield
- 15:22 Liam Payne enjoys a ciggie break after vowing to quit smoking for...
- 15:22 Tulip Days wow visitors to city nursery
- 15:22 Whissendine motorcyclists shatter 50-year-old land speed records
- 15:21 London Marathon mission for IT manager from Lytham
- 15:21 Shona Robison told to quit after using Tayside health bosses as...