AI trained to slay players in a computer game could one day lead to killer robots in the real world, warn experts
Two students have built an AI that could be the basis of future killer robots.
In a controversial move, the pair trained an AI bot to kill human players within the classic video game Doom.
Critics have expressed concern over the AI technology and the risk it could pose to humans in future.
Scroll down for video
Devendra Chaplot and Guillaume Lample, from Carnegie Mellon University trained an AI bot - nicknamed Arnold - using 'deep reinforcement learning' techniques.
While Google's AI software had previously been shown to tackle vintage 2D Atari games such as Space Invaders, the students... read more
- 18:04 It's almost a sand castle! Grand Italian holiday home is perched...
- 18:04 Parachute trial: Emile Cilliers 'better off with wife alive'
- 18:04 Gran Canaria and Tenerife could become the latest Spanish islands...
- 18:03 Italy populist government pact: Candidate for prime minister named
- 18:03 Barack and Michelle Obama to make TV and films for Netflix
- 18:01 Appeal for witnesses following assault in Warwick
- 18:01 Ballinger stands down as Stratford Town Youth manager
- 18:01 Bin collection days changing across Daventry District
- 18:00 Ken Livingstone to quit Labour amid anti-Semitism row
- 18:00 Arsenal decide against appointing Mikel Arteta as Gunners search...
- 17:58 The Golden Years: Why Yorkshire is the best place to enjoy retirement
- 17:58 WHISHes come true in a decade of dedication
- 17:58 Developer cash pays for A422 resurfacing of potholed road
- 17:55 Official Royal Wedding pictures released
- 17:54 Sunderland owner reveals Chris Coleman in SHOCK running for job...
- 17:54 Real Madrid stars ‘rebel’ over Liverpool ace Mohamed Salah ahead of...
- 17:52 OPINION: Be careful what you wish for as Stoke eye up Rams boss
- 17:52 Michael Fallon's ex-aide 'groped woman while hugging her'
- 17:52 Brexit must benefit Scotland to avoid 'complacency' over independence
- 17:52 Iran told: comply with US demands or face 'strongest sanctions in...
- 17:51 England World Cup squad meet up at St George's Park to begin...
- 17:49 Gas cylinders explode in fire which gutted barn and wrecked 25...
- 17:48 House of Commons speaker admits using word 'stupid' but not as an...
- 17:48 Venezuela's opposition always cry foul. This victory was valid
- 17:46 Legacy funds low-cost homes in Warwick
- 17:46 New Kenilworth mayor chosen at ceremony
- 17:46 Man wanted after failing to appear at Leamington court
- 17:46 Sheffield council gets £1m grant to help care-leavers into...
- 17:44 Boy, 15, accused of plotting school massacre in North Yorkshire had...
- 17:43 Air ambulance attending collision near Chester