AI's should be allowed to patent their inventions: Researchers say human are taking too much credit for computer creations
Computers should be allowed to patent their inventions, experts have claimed.
They say without a change in the law, the findings warn that there will be less innovation, caused by uncertainty, which would prevent industry from capitalising on the huge potential of creative computers.
They say the future will bring more disputes over inventorship, with individuals taking credit for inventions that are not genuinely theirs, they say.
Scroll down for video
Artificial intelligence is playing an ever larger role in innovation - with major players such as IBM, Pfizer and Google investing heavily... read more
- 15:22 Kenya cholera outbreak hits dozens at health conference
- 15:21 Health risk at Kirkby takeaway due to hygiene problems
- 15:21 Seddon investigates after crane collapse kills two in Crewe accident
- 15:20 Burglars scrawl racist abuse in Heckmondwike man’s home after...
- 15:20 Urgent care centre to remain closed overnight
- 15:19 Family’s farewell to newlywed Christine
- 15:18 Grenfell Tower charity single is fastest-selling single in 10 YEARS...
- 15:18 Transfer rumour: Aston Villa target departs Championship club
- 15:17 ‘We will have millions of migrants’ EU chief calls for urgent...
- 15:17 Otto Warmbier funeral: Hundreds say goodbye to student who was held...
- 15:17 Man jailed for attacking wife with machete & dousing her in petrol...
- 15:17 Order Of St George or Big Orange? Royal Ascot Gold Cup trainers...
- 15:16 University of Derby in top 20% alongside Oxford and Cambridge in...
- 15:16 Oliver Falivena manslaughter trial: jury discharged
- 15:16 Duo take on charity rally in £500 banger
- 15:16 TRAFFIC: Lane closure on M1 southbound near Chesterfield and Mansfield
- 15:16 Tributes paid to former mayor of Higham Ferrers
- 15:15 New footbridge replacing one damaged in floods put in place in...
- 15:13 House of Cards season 5: Who is Dominique McElligott? Who plays...
- 15:13 Schoolbench unveiled at Moray school in memory of pupil
- 15:13 Meet the Lam-boat-ghini! 'Pristine' Aventador SV Roadster and a...
- 15:12 Jo Cox's children are designing a coat of arms to hang in...
- 15:12 Lane still closed on M53 after lorry crashed into central reservation
- 15:12 Adorable and rare Andean bear cub born at Chester Zoo
- 15:12 1987 band of renegades
- 15:11 Amanda Bryan: valuing the environment is vital
- 15:11 Beware of fines if offering 'free' fizz
- 15:11 Music teacher fundraising for childhood disease charity
- 15:11 Ryan Moore rides Sioux Nation to victory in the Norfolk Stakes at...
- 15:10 Highly-rated Nottingham Forest striker Ben Brereton signs long-term...