Ahead of China visit, Philippine leader says no sense in war
There is no sense in going to war over the disputed South China Sea as talks are far better, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte told China's official Xinhua news agency, praising China for not criticising his country, unlike Western nations.
Duterte goes to China on Tuesday with at least 200 members of the Philippine business elite to pave the way for what he calls a new commercial alliance, amid deteriorating ties with longtime ally the United States.
On Sunday, Duterte said he would raise a controversial arbitral ruling on the South China Sea with China's leaders and vowed not to... read more
- 10:47 Chelsea captain John Terry posts message of support to Ryan Mason...
- 10:47 Benfica manager addresses rumours of Goncalo Guedes transfer to...
- 10:47 Manchester United agree midfielder deal: 21-year-old set for medical
- 10:47 Car abandoned after being chased through Blackpool town centre
- 10:45 Woman suffers life-changing injuries in A45 crash near Wellingborough
- 10:45 BUSINESS DAIRY: Events taking place in the coming weeks
- 10:45 Woodhouse Day Nursery in Woodhouse Eaves was shut down for...
- 10:45 Emmerdale spoiler videos: Debbie Dingle returns as Gabby Thomas...
- 10:44 Madonna says White House comments 'taken out of context'
- 10:44 LISTEN to the heroic 999 call from a Telford toddler which helped...
- 10:44 EMERGING MARKETS-Fading dollar lifts emerging stocks, currencies
- 10:44 Trump White House to brief media amid 'alternative facts' row
- 10:43 Unsettled weather later in the week
- 10:42 Kelechi Iheanacho's dad gives update on striker's Man City future
- 10:42 These stunning images give an aerial tour across Merseyside
- 10:42 Brownlee brothers named among UK's most influential people.
- 10:42 Burning your toast could increase cancer risk, experts say
- 10:41 China cracks down on unauthorized internet connections
- 10:41 Six points and £200 - tough new penalty for mobile use behind the...
- 10:41 Image released of man in connection with theft in Northampton of...
- 10:40 Man blinded by chef with chilli powder after complaining about...
- 10:40 What it’s like to talk to your GP about your mental health
- 10:39 Shkodran Mustafi looking to continue impressive unbeaten run at...
- 10:39 One lane closed on M61
- 10:39 Algeria need a minor miracle in order to progress to the knockout...
- 10:39 Billy’s delight at his internet success
- 10:39 The dental nurse who became an alligator catcher
- 10:39 Charity offers trio of opportunities to make a difference for...
- 10:39 South Korea ministry apologises over artists' blacklist
- 10:38 Civic Society column by David Winpenny