Adverts banned for being offensive to homeless people
Are these posters offensive to homeless people?
Nottingham City Council has been accused of reinforcing negative stereotypes about homeless people – and the council’s signs have been banned.
Dad escorted off plane by police after birthday drinks get a bit out of hand Seven people complained about the posters when they were placed around the city centre in May and June.
One showed a person smoking with the caption ‘begging: watch your money go up in smoke’, and another read: ‘Watch your money go to a fraud. Beggars aren’t what they seem.’
Two more said begging ‘funds the misuse of alcohol’... read more
- 08:02 How do street performers float? The levitating trick explained
- 08:02 Rare opportunity to buy Windermere lakeside plot and boat house
- 08:01 Middlesbrough slap £25m fee on Ben Gibson: Boro don’t want to sell,...
- 08:01 Sing a song for us Andrew Bridgen! North West Leicestershire MP...
- 08:01 Don't be tempted to swim in dangerous water - no matter how hot it...
- 08:01 Thousands of pets in the East Midlands at risk of deadly diseases
- 08:01 Homeless man stole deoderant to sell for food in Worksop
- 08:01 Morrisons introduces puppets into all stores to teach kids the...
- 08:01 15 things all surfers know to be true
- 08:01 International Sunglasses Day: What your sunglasses type says about you
- 08:00 Nikkei rises for 3rd day as weak yen supports; steel shares soar
- 08:00 Stada buyout falls short of shareholder acceptance target
- 07:58 Alexandre Lacazette transfer looks ideal for Arsenal, says...
- 07:58 PSG contact Fabinho as Manchester United talks drag on
- 07:58 Man who pushed boy off bike in Leamington park sought by police
- 07:57 Prince Charles trip on Royal Train cost taxpayers £46,000
- 07:57 Two bullies filmed attacking schoolgirl, 12, tracked down
- 07:57 Real Madrid Transfer News: Gareth Bale to snub interest from PSG...
- 07:57 Lionel Messi isn’t happy about Gerard Deulofeu Barcelona arrival -...
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:56 Derbyshire GP who blogged about her bipolar disorder committed suicide
- 07:55 Lions v Hurricanes LIVE updates: Can Joseph, North and co earn a...
- 07:55 Paper round-up: Liverpool’s £25m Oxlade-Chamberlain bid, Manchester...
- 07:54 Bradley Lowery's mum inundated with disrespectful messages asking...
- 07:54 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 27
- 07:54 Did you see armed police in South Shields on Monday night? Here's...
- 07:53 Vehicles seized during car-cruising crackdown at M1 junction
- 07:53 Arrest made after two assaults involving same people
- 07:53 Help shape new council ward boundaries in Nottingham
- 07:53 Watch Donald Trump's most awkward handshake evolve into hug that...