Adverts banned for being offensive to homeless people
Are these posters offensive to homeless people?
Nottingham City Council has been accused of reinforcing negative stereotypes about homeless people – and the council’s signs have been banned.
Dad escorted off plane by police after birthday drinks get a bit out of hand Seven people complained about the posters when they were placed around the city centre in May and June.
One showed a person smoking with the caption ‘begging: watch your money go up in smoke’, and another read: ‘Watch your money go to a fraud. Beggars aren’t what they seem.’
Two more said begging ‘funds the misuse of alcohol’... read more
- 09:58 Children 'forced to sleep by roadside' after Calais Jungle...
- 09:58 FOOTBALL RUMOURS: Blanc wants United job, Allardyce for Wolves?...
- 09:57 Pensioner slasher back behind bars after going on run from jail
- 09:57 All you need to know about the new Royal Bank of Scotland £5 note
- 09:55 Demand for fibre helps BT meet forecasts, pension deficit widens
- 09:55 England beat USA to host rugby league World Cup in 2021
- 09:55 Manny Pacquiao steps up workout ahead of boxing return as...
- 09:55 Eurowings cancels hundreds of flights amid cabin crew strike
- 09:55 Leeds to lose star man in summer: Leicester scouted him in EFL Cup win
- 09:55 UK economic growth slows to 0.5% in third quarter
- 09:54 Final council votes in favour of Lincolnshire devolution
- 09:53 Cumbria warned to prepare for icy winter weather from next month
- 09:52 Gin prices will increase to painful levels if inflation rises 3%
- 09:50 Waiter knocks thumb off Roman sculpture at British Museum
- 09:50 Man charged with firearms offence after special police operation in...
- 09:50 The Great British Bake Off reaches record audience
- 09:50 WATCH: Erosion has led to fish-pass problems
- 09:50 Bamburgh WI, Meeting
- 09:49 India detains Pakistani diplomat at Delhi Zoo for 'spying'
- 09:49 Support for South Korea's Park slides to all-time low amid crisis...
- 09:49 More shops opening in Leicester than closing down
- 09:49 Brexit fails to knock Shoe Zone
- 09:48 East Midlands Airport flights could be hit by strikes today
- 09:48 Chemistry department rebirth is now completed
- 09:46 Russia tests prototype nuclear warhead for Satan II which could...
- 09:46 The UK economy has grown since Brexit
- 09:46 Saints skipper Wood earns England recall
- 09:45 Hockey: Burton hit back to claim first victory of campaign
- 09:45 Find the row with empty seats and buy a VIP lounge pass for £20:...
- 09:45 Hockey: Defeat for brave Barton in top-of-table thriller