Adverts banned for being offensive to homeless people
Are these posters offensive to homeless people?
Nottingham City Council has been accused of reinforcing negative stereotypes about homeless people – and the council’s signs have been banned.
Dad escorted off plane by police after birthday drinks get a bit out of hand Seven people complained about the posters when they were placed around the city centre in May and June.
One showed a person smoking with the caption ‘begging: watch your money go up in smoke’, and another read: ‘Watch your money go to a fraud. Beggars aren’t what they seem.’
Two more said begging ‘funds the misuse of alcohol’... read more
- 14:08 World and UK snooker champion Mark Selby could get civic reception...
- 14:07 Burton's 'Golden Oldies' travelled to London to wow Westminster
- 14:07 Man United Transfer News: Midfielder eyed, winger update, Everton...
- 14:07 Charlie Nicholas: Why Chelsea will lose their advantage over Arsenal
- 14:06 Inquiry after firearm found on Aberdeen university campus
- 14:06 Futures flat as oil rally pauses
- 14:05 New owner for Cumbrian cinema
- 14:04 Philippines police are killing 97% of drug suspects they shoot in...
- 14:04 Manchester United scout Ramon Carvalho ahead of potential transfer
- 14:04 Melton Festival of Cribs was “another amazing spectacle”
- 14:04 There’s a pharaoh chill in the theatre - but panto bosses vow the...
- 14:03 Oil firm Statoil makes first investment in solar tech
- 14:03 Asda strikes festive deal with Scots snack maker
- 14:02 Full face glitter is one beauty trend we won’t be trying
- 14:02 The idiot's guide to spread betting
- 14:01 Online bookings come to The Pods
- 14:01 Game of Thrones and Porridge star Peter Vaughan dies aged 93
- 14:01 Let us know your thoughts in our Christmas tree poll - star or...
- 14:00 Share your Christmas lights pictures with us
- 14:00 Woman raped 43,000 times now travels world helping victims of...
- 14:00 Cleator Moor man charged with arson
- 13:59 Seat unveils the Leon Cupra 300 - its most powerful car yet
- 13:58 Merkel to seek new term amid asylum row
- 13:58 'We want Freeport Talke to stay open - and Primark and New Look to...
- 13:56 Lancaster’s 650 space Park and Ride to open this week
- 13:55 Apparently exercise may be the key to having better sperm
- 13:54 Jamie Redknapp: Why this Chelsea star does not fit into Antonio...
- 13:53 Church of England to close Surrey care home due to lack of staff
- 13:52 Woman in 'life-threatening' condition after crash
- 13:52 Cumbrian soldiers will spend Christmas in Iraq