Adverts banned for being offensive to homeless people
Are these posters offensive to homeless people?
Nottingham City Council has been accused of reinforcing negative stereotypes about homeless people – and the council’s signs have been banned.
Dad escorted off plane by police after birthday drinks get a bit out of hand Seven people complained about the posters when they were placed around the city centre in May and June.
One showed a person smoking with the caption ‘begging: watch your money go up in smoke’, and another read: ‘Watch your money go to a fraud. Beggars aren’t what they seem.’
Two more said begging ‘funds the misuse of alcohol’... read more
- 07:26 Two dead and six injured after gunman opens fire during pool party
- 07:24 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho threatens to play Reserves...
- 07:23 Thierry Henry: Tottenham must copy Chelsea to have power shift over...
- 07:23 Having mates key to overcoming life’s challenges
- 07:22 Tour de Yorkshire 2017: Photos and videos from Stage 3
- 07:21 Council starts fining people £100 for walking more than four dogs...
- 07:21 Jamie Redknapp: Antonio Conte is lucky to have this Chelsea duo
- 07:20 Broken-down tram causing delays to all services
- 07:20 DRIVER ALERT: Mobile speed camera sites across North Lincolnshire...
- 07:20 HS2 launch £2.75 billion contract to design trains for the project
- 07:20 A new way to help out rescue dogs in North Lincolnshire
- 07:20 North Lincolnshire band celebrate being crowned champions
- 07:20 Parents of six-year-old boy in fundraising plea
- 07:18 Warning to 'look while you cook' after serious fire in Shobnall...
- 07:18 Number of public access defibrillators on the increase across region
- 07:17 Birmingham City digest: Harry Redknapp's future; Friendly...
- 07:17 Aston Villa digest: January signings rated; Celtic goalkeeper...
- 07:16 Eminem sues New Zealand governing party over Lose Yourself
- 07:14 Having mates key to overcoming life’s challenges
- 07:14 Matthew Bates confident Hartlepool United can beat Doncaster Rovers
- 07:13 Barcelona target two Premier League clubs in massive summer raid
- 07:13 What you can do if your neighbour smokes cannabis?
- 07:13 Heartbreak of Josh Fell's parents on what should have been his 21st...
- 07:13 Prom memories from Winifred Holtby school: Are you pictured?
- 07:13 77 pictures that sum up a nineties night out in Hull
- 07:13 Exeter Chiefs 36 Northampton Saints 12: Tom Vickers' review and...
- 07:13 Wakefield gallery’s chance of £100,000 prize in prestigious art...
- 07:11 Man United News: Two-year contract offer, Ibrahimovic hint,...
- 07:06 British Superbikes: Shane Byrne clinches pole position at Oulton...
- 07:06 Arsene Wenger praises Arsenal star despite loss to Tottenham