Adolf Hitler's home will NOT be torn down as Austria vows it WON'T become Nazi shrine
German newspaper Die Welt claims sources on the panel will opt instead to "radically transform" the outside of the former pub in Braunau-am-Inn to make it "unattractive" to neo-Nazis.
A member of the commission tasked to find a solution to what to do with the house told the newspaper: "The priority must be to put an end to neo-Nazi tourism which now also includes eastern European and Russian right-wing extremists."
But he also said they had ruled out turning the place where the future dictator of Germany and Austria into a museum and place of remembrance for... read more
- 13:14 China names southwestern city's former mayor to top legislative...
- 13:13 Corbyn won’t consider his position after historic defeat
- 13:12 27 things that seriously p*ss off anyone who works in a shop
- 13:12 West Brom selection dilemma: The team Tony Pulis could play against...
- 13:12 Couple fined after refusing to remove racist graffiti from their home
- 13:12 Leicester went from top-of-the-world to down-on-their-luck under...
- 13:12 Households paying the price for broken energy sector as electricity...
- 13:12 “Holy cr*p, people are stupid:” Walking Dead actor blasts minister...
- 13:12 Interactive map of the UK reveals the worst motorists by region...
- 13:12 Young dad-to-be who died suddenly will be buried with unborn baby...
- 13:10 Jewellery Quarter office block sold for £9.3m
- 13:10 John Lewis places 770 jobs under threat
- 13:09 Wigston Elvis impersonator stole mother in law's funeral...
- 13:09 Former Home Secretary Lord Waddington dies at age of 87
- 13:09 Where to taste craft beer in Leicester this weekend
- 13:09 Storm Doris: Dramatic dashcam footage captures moment large tree...
- 13:08 Watford v West Ham TV channel, kick-off time, odds and recent meetings
- 13:07 Eleven players sign new deals at Saints
- 13:07 Saints make just one change for Worcester Warriors clash
- 13:07 University is on top of the world
- 13:07 13 of the most dramatic photos from Storm Doris in Nottingham
- 13:07 Chaos as ambulances forced to divert away from Chorley A&E at night
- 13:07 Prosecco pancakes? Yes, they are a thing and here's how to make them
- 13:07 Appeal after theft of medication from car in Lancaster
- 13:07 Manchester United handed nightmare draw against Rostov in Europa...
- 13:07 Yoga in kilts is a cheeky success
- 13:06 Garden village plans spark interest from housing groups
- 13:06 Vietnamese goalkeeper who protested dodgy penalty by letting...
- 13:05 England v Italy in Six Nations 2017 - Kick-off time, teams and TV...
- 13:04 Landmark first for university department