Adabi trades jibes with Erdogan in row over Mosul
THE row between Iraq and Turkey over the looming liberation of the city of Mosul from Islamic State (Isis) continues to escalate.
On Tuesday night, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi blasted Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Twitter over his earlier demands that Turkish forces take part in the operation.
The latest row began last week after the Iraqi parliament passed a motion calling the unauthorised Turkish presence north of Mosul a hostile “occupation” and “blatant violation” of Iraq’s sovereignty.
“We will liberate our land through the determination of our men and not by video... read more
- 17:10 MEP urges support for PM as she negotiates Brexit
- 17:09 Explore art after hours with Museums at Night
- 17:09 The 13 most annoying things about living in Great Barr
- 17:09 Harron Homes donate £1,000 to Shireoaks Village Hall renovation...
- 17:08 Borough Park burglars blasted by Workington Reds' joint-chairman
- 17:08 Melton Year 6 pupils at Swallowdale School pitch in to move bus...
- 17:07 Liverpool v Roma: Fan favourite John Arne Riise makes worrying...
- 17:07 Uppingham Hopper bus service all set to roll next week
- 17:07 Lincolnshire Police reveals upsurge in assualts on officers
- 17:06 Thomas Orchard custody death: Police force charged
- 17:06 Motorcyclist seriously injured after crash with car near Rugby
- 17:04 Scottish Government opens hub in Berlin to boost business links
- 17:04 Former member of Northamptonshire's Jesus Army member jailed for...
- 17:03 Former carer repeatedly stole from from vulnerable Leamington woman
- 17:03 Nicky helps champ break Boxercise world record
- 17:03 Jeff Bezos v the world: why all companies fear 'death by Amazon'
- 17:03 Cyber crime officers to be recruited in West Yorkshire
- 17:02 Harron Homes donate £1,000 to Shireoaks Village Hall renovation...
- 17:02 Toronto man charged in 'horrific' van attack that killed 10 people
- 17:02 Trump dismisses query about Michael Cohen pardon with two words:...
- 17:02 Cambridge Analytica: five key claims by academic at heart of scandal
- 17:01 Your Whitby Gazette now at another new peak
- 17:01 William Friedkin: 'You don’t know a damn thing, and neither do I'
- 17:01 Love Island’s Marcel Somerville and Gabby Allen ‘on the verge of...
- 16:59 Adorable family of deer spotted on public park in Walsall - and...
- 16:58 Ucas orders inquiry into 'racial profiling' of UK students
- 16:58 A tooled up gang of mercenaries armed to the teeth with ukuleles
- 16:57 Donald Trump says Kim Jong Un is ‘very open’ and ‘very honorable’
- 16:56 How bouncing back from Hull City thrashing has shown Burton...
- 16:56 Yorkshire financial adviser who cost investor £2m and his marriage...