Act on children's mental ill health or risk national crisis, warns expert
The UK should brace itself for a “tsunami” of adults with mental health problems unless urgent action is taken to help today’s children, according to one of the leading experts in the field.
Prof Dame Sue Bailey, chair of the Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition, says the government needs to spend heavily now on mental health services for children if a crisis is to be averted.
“I describe mental health services as a car crash waiting to happen,” Bailey said. “The government is starting to do the right thing, NHS England is pulling the money through, but there are so many... read more
- 22:17 Row over fees breaks out between fund responsible for saving BHS...
- 22:17 As Eurocrats compile report on £21bn deal: Will Brussels block...
- 22:17 Stat shows how much Liverpool rely on Joel Matip after...
- 22:15 Matt Palmer's wonder-strike for Burton Albion: would any goalkeeper...
- 22:13 Motorist who drove his Range Rover at two men injuring them is jailed
- 22:13 Molson Coors gets five-year contract with Center Parcs
- 22:12 England coach Eddie Jones targets majority share for next summer's...
- 22:12 Owen Farrell hopes England can continue to kick on after Australia...
- 22:12 Eddie Jones threatens England stars with axe despite perfect 2016
- 22:12 Nathan Hughes shows he can fill Billy Vunipola's boots after...
- 22:12 Miss Great Grimsby 2017 auditions have begun!
- 22:11 Oxbridge student found dead on first night of university ski trip...
- 22:08 Brazil: Thousands marches against 'watered down anti-corruption bill'
- 22:06 Mark Selby wins UK Championship 2016 against Ronnie O'Sullivan
- 21:56 How you can get 18 consecutive days off work for only 9 days...
- 21:56 Hearts eyeing Newcastle assistant Ian Cathro as a possible...
- 21:54 UK Championship: Mark Selby beats Ronnie O'Sullivan in epic snooker...
- 21:50 Manchester United legend Gary Neville slams Marouane Fellaini for...
- 21:43 Canadian woman, 96, becomes a great-great-great grandmother
- 21:39 The Apprentice past winners: Where are they now?
- 21:35 Panto Peter Pan ‘kept me on the edge of my seat’
- 21:34 In pictures: Cuba says final goodbye to Fidel Castro
- 21:31 Kezia Dugdale to accuse Tories of reopening indyref divisions
- 21:31 Theresa May reveals her favourite TV shows for Christmas
- 21:27 Boris Johnson says no ‘large’ EU bill for single market
- 21:26 Crew called to reports of fire at block of flats in Barrow
- 21:26 Damage caused to cars in Dalton street
- 21:23 Man United star Marouane Fellaini reveals Jose Mourinho discussion
- 21:23 This is how to de-ice your car SAFELY in the morning
- 21:21 Ex-Southampton football coach accused of abuse 'not vetted'