Abandoning Calais kids is shameful
HUNDREDS of children with family in Britain languish in the squalid Jungle refugee camp in Calais yet our government sits on its hands.
There can be no excuse for this. No justification. Four hundred lone kids who the law says have the right to be brought into this country.
UN children’s agency Unicef demands the government “act with a lot more urgency,” though it’s arguable whether the government has acted with any amount of urgency so far.
It must act now.
In a shameful, dangerous and useless bid to prop up his abysmal poll ratings by tacking right, French President Francois... read more
- 16:41 Injured Tamworth policeman is back home
- 16:41 Prolific thief handed lengthy shops ban in Cumbria crackdown
- 16:39 EDF says will work fast to restart reactors after watchdog's...
- 16:39 Passenger buses in Leicester had to be diverted - because of parked...
- 16:36 Hughie Fury reveals February fight date with WBC heavyweight...
- 16:35 Police hunt driver of car who flees crash at Wortley Hotel
- 16:34 Stunning images taken by Lincolnshire Live followers
- 16:32 Supermarket recalls steak over allergy fears
- 16:30 Burnley Council director leaves post
- 16:28 WEATHER WARNING: Severe fog
- 16:27 Leicester woman's AMAZING transformation after losing more than...
- 16:26 Scouts deliver Christmas greetings
- 16:25 FINRA fines Credit Suisse over anti-money laundering policies
- 16:25 Council cautious on Marks and Spencer return to Morecambe
- 16:24 Gambia court frees prominent lawyer, 18 others jailed for protest
- 16:23 Last day to pledge! £84,000 raised so far for world’s first David...
- 16:23 Supermarket recalls steak over allergy fears
- 16:23 Father releases heartbreaking picture of son wiped out...
- 16:22 When Nottingham Forest legend Brian Clough played for Burton Albion...
- 16:22 Crowds flock to Clitheroe Christmas Festival
- 16:21 Supermarket recalls steak over allergy fears
- 16:21 Government urges Supreme Court to overturn Brexit ruling
- 16:21 List of 37 most virulent viruses drawn up
- 16:21 Appeal to reunite owner with Maudes Jewellers gift
- 16:21 Preston-based Lantei Compliance Services expands its team
- 16:20 Carlisle 'cash for crash' mastermind back in the dock - for...
- 16:20 Fiver campaigner seeks Bank of England meeting
- 16:19 Olympic stars among those handed honorary degrees
- 16:18 Fashion giant TK Maxx reveals opening date for new Longton store
- 16:18 Met Office issue Yellow weather warning for freezing fog over...