Abandoning Calais kids is shameful
HUNDREDS of children with family in Britain languish in the squalid Jungle refugee camp in Calais yet our government sits on its hands.
There can be no excuse for this. No justification. Four hundred lone kids who the law says have the right to be brought into this country.
UN children’s agency Unicef demands the government “act with a lot more urgency,” though it’s arguable whether the government has acted with any amount of urgency so far.
It must act now.
In a shameful, dangerous and useless bid to prop up his abysmal poll ratings by tacking right, French President Francois... read more
- 01:00 Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri believes trip to face Inter...
- 00:53 Some unusual variations on show in town
- 00:52 Half of Scarborough residents want to remain in single market...
- 00:44 Ambulance staff face rise in physical and verbal sexual assaults
- 00:44 Children of alcoholic parents to get help in £6m scheme
- 00:43 Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino admits he may DOWNGRADE FA Cup...
- 00:43 Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk serves up soothing Roma therapy...
- 00:43 Neymar told why he must join Real Madrid and cannot afford to stay...
- 00:42 One in eight birds is threatened with extinction, global study finds
- 00:42 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:42 Michael Cohen case shines light on Sean Hannity's property empire
- 00:42 Martin Lewis sues Facebook over fake ads with his name
- 00:41 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:34 What does a Trump-Macron bromance mean for the world?
- 00:32 Eliza excels at dressage competition
- 00:31 Labour promises four more bank holidays if it wins general election
- 00:29 Big rise in numbers of NHS Tayside clinical staff retiring early
- 00:28 How one woman started a cosmetics empire at 29
- 00:28 Interest rates to rise twice this year, says EY Item Club
- 00:26 Manzoor Pashteen: How Pakistan's Pashtun found a voice
- 00:26 Viewpoint: The pitfalls of India's biometric ID scheme
- 00:25 Andrew Landry clinches maiden PGA Tour title at Valero Texas open...
- 00:25 Atletico Madrid 0-0 Real Betis: Bore draw leaves La Liga title...
- 00:25 Serie A players wear red paint on their cheeks to help raise...
- 00:25 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:23 Derbyshire contestants wanted for The Family Chase
- 00:20 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:20 Climate change: Michael Bloomberg offers $4.5m for Paris deal
- 00:15 St George’s Day: 5 other Georges worthy of being canonised as...
- 00:13 Snooker legend O’Sullivan thrills sell out crowd with exhibition