Abandoned care home could get new lease of life
A former 33-bed care home left untouched for four years could soon be given a new lease of life.
The abandoned Maes Mynan Hall, which is on Denbigh Road in Afonwen near Mold, failed to sell at a public auction held in Nottingham on Wednesday.
However, the vendors have expressed the hope that a deal could go through soon.
The massive home, which contains dozens of rooms, has not been touched since it closed suddenly in 2013.
It was placed back on the market recently after a former sale fell through.
A spokesman for Nottingham-based Auction Estates said: “It did not sell in the room but we... read more
- 09:56 Teen Tyler remembered for his ‘infectious giggle’
- 09:56 Football club’s stand against male suicide
- 09:56 Sweets expert reveals country's favourite Christmas confections
- 09:54 Win tickets to see Sunderland AFC take on Fulham FC
- 09:54 Sunderland children's services spend £7.7million on agency staff as...
- 09:53 ASOS launches new Star Wars collection
- 09:53 The Christmas tractor run returns in aid of Katharine House
- 09:53 Top UN award for Pock Man
- 09:52 Black Friday lifts UK retail sales in November
- 09:52 Girl saves dad’s bakery with single tweet
- 09:51 VIDEO: Police and forensics on the scene as Buckingham Street in...
- 09:50 Rumours: Barcelona to continue pursuit of Liverpool star
- 09:49 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp targets Atletico Madrid ace Sime...
- 09:49 St Mirren boss Jack Ross calls for greater protection for star man...
- 09:49 Nelson woman accused of pocketing £71,000 from Burnley care home
- 09:49 India 'religious murder' case: Donations for suspect blocked
- 09:48 Number of people considered homeless jumps by 6%
- 09:48 Satellite pictures show just how much snow fell across Derby and...
- 09:47 David Moyes reveals BRUTAL new rule is the secret to West Ham’s...
- 09:45 Millennials will spend £1.1MILLION on rent over their lifetimes if...
- 09:44 Amazing satellite images show Nottinghamshire blanketed in snow
- 09:44 Passenger plane carrying 25 people crashes into field
- 09:43 New board to make life-saving swimming pool rescues in South Yorkshire
- 09:43 Gun, taser and drugs found in police raid on Sheffield house
- 09:43 The best films on TV this Christmas
- 09:42 Fin-tastic cash for Bassetlaw Hospital
- 09:42 Theft of cash from ATM: Police want to speak to this man
- 09:42 'I got him as a secret Santa present' - the very worst reasons why...
- 09:41 Scarborough Council to crack down on grave memorials after ‘disco’...
- 09:40 Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa signings - where are they now?