AB InBev-SAB Miller deal moves closer after shareholder vote
Budweiser owner Anheuser-Busch InBev's takeover of rival SAB Miller has moved a step closer after its shareholders approved the mega-deal.
SAB Miller's shareholders are due to vote on the deal later on Wednesday.
The takeover will create the world's largest beer firm, producing almost a third of the world's beer.
The pair originally agreed the deal last year, but in July AB InBev was forced to raise its offer after a fall in the pound following the Brexit vote.
Following the weakening of the pound, AB InBev raised its offer by £1 a share to £45 a share, valuing SABMiller at about £79bn.... read more
- 18:44 Zlatan Ibrahimovic escapes ban after FA say Manchester United...
- 18:44 Southampton youngster Sam McQueen signs new long-term contract...
- 18:42 Monday Night Football: FA Cup third-round draw and LIVE coverage of...
- 18:42 Snapped: Sanchez, Giroud, Ramsey and co set off for Switzerland
- 18:41 Jesse Lingard and Phil Jones jet off to 'see our fans in Dublin'...
- 18:41 Mario Balotelli revealed to have had a '£1m behaviour bonus' at...
- 18:40 Chinatown fire: Deaths of rough sleepers treated as murder
- 18:38 Amazon unveils plans for grocery shop with no checkouts
- 18:38 Man taken to Royal Preston Hospital after pub assault
- 18:36 Schoolgirl made abuse allegations after Childline workshop - jury told
- 18:36 Roofer sprayed with CS gas after assaulting police officer
- 18:35 'High-speed' police chase after stolen car in Greenwood Avenue, Hull
- 18:35 UKIP's Nigel Farage greeted by large crowds in Sleaford
- 18:35 Arsenal team news: Full Gunners squad for Champions League trip to...
- 18:33 Police keen to trace this man in connection with train bag theft
- 18:33 The Crusader: Beware if you are buying your gadgets from Europe
- 18:33 Trump meets former Vice President Gore in New York - Gore
- 18:32 Eurogroup agrees on short-term debt relief for Greece - France's Sapin
- 18:31 See Guy Martin attempt new record for fastest crossing of China's...
- 18:30 Liverpool old boy grades every Prem team from the weekend - how did...
- 18:27 West Ham United plot huge bid for ex-Tamworth striker
- 18:24 Gegard Mousasi Exclusive: Dutchman reveals who he'd like to fight next
- 18:23 Belvoir Hunt: Police launch investigation after three foxes killed...
- 18:21 How smoking destroys your pet's health: Cats, dogs and even FISH...
- 18:21 Amazon unveils grocery store with NO CHECKOUT: App equipped with...
- 18:21 Child sex claims against youth coach Hugh Stevenson
- 18:16 Is this the best festive creation in Yorkshire?
- 18:16 Nigel Farage hails 2016 as the year 'little people...
- 18:16 Crash causes long tailbacks on M54 in Telford
- 18:13 Police arrest six people in ONE day suspected of trying to reach UK...