A world of wonders in Toronto
That I had only been in the city for four days hardly seemed relevant when I was made to feel at home almost instantly.
The city, the biggest in Canada, feels small thanks to village-like neighbourhoods each as unique as the next.
The differences can be so stark that crossing a street can hail a change in architecture, people and atmosphere.
Kensington Market, the trendy area where I enjoyed my lemonade, is all quirky cafés, boutique stores and colourful characters.
Unlike its upmarket London namesake, Kensington was traditionally home to impoverished immigrants.
Each group (Italian,... read more
- 17:11 Gunman shot schoolboy in the head because he was irritated at moped...
- 17:11 Councillor announced as MP candidate
- 17:11 Arsenal defenders Laurent Koscielny, Gabriel and Rob Holding...
- 17:11 UPDATE: Details of man sought by police after 16-year-old girl is...
- 17:10 Notts firm fined thousands for illegally burying 10,000 dead chickens
- 17:10 German airlines drop safety rule prompted by Germanwings crash
- 17:10 Man in 'Saw' mask robs same petrol station three times
- 17:10 Why walking is better for you than cycling
- 17:10 TAMWORTH FC: Lambs are a club on the up, says Morrell after signing...
- 17:10 The holiday mistake costing us HUNDREDS - and how to avoid making it
- 17:10 What Birmingham City's Paul Robinson told Harry Redknapp about the...
- 17:10 Huge jams on A38 after lorry crash blocks carriageway
- 17:09 Tottenham to leave White Hart Lane at the end of season with all...
- 17:08 EU regulators drop antitrust probe into Faurecia, others
- 17:08 On the brink: David Moyes hints at Sunderland exit as doomed Black...
- 17:08 Pimco shutters RAE Worldwide Fundamental Advantage PLUS Fund
- 17:08 Scots in hunt for British GT glory at Rockingham
- 17:08 Restaurant fined after neighbours complained about curry smell
- 17:08 Peter Kay's Car Share steering into heartbreaking ending as tragedy...
- 17:07 Lorry overturns in crash on A1
- 17:06 Gabriel Jesus reacts to Man City Manchester derby comeback
- 17:06 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho reveals plan to cope with...
- 17:05 Barry Horne: Joey Barton's gambling ban was too excessive
- 17:04 Large police presence seen in Spring Bank in Hull at Friday rush hour
- 17:04 Mounted police and metal detectors being used in crackdown on knife...
- 17:03 Anthony Joshua collects bespoke Range Rover ahead of big fight
- 17:03 Mum of brutal bully attack victim doesn't regret releasing shocking...
- 17:03 Is your desk job destroying all the good work you’ve put in at...
- 17:03 Rail users in the north west hit by 24-hour strike
- 17:03 All the memories come flooding back