'A unique and wonderful character': Your tributes to Sair Inn landlord Ron Crabtree
Dozens of tributes have been paid to one of Yorkshire’s best-known brewers and landlords, Ron Crabtree of the Sair Inn, Linthwaite, who died on Sunday.
He had battled throat cancer in recent years and died at the pub.
Father-of-two Ron, 79, set up West Riding Brewery, Huddersfield’s first microbrewery, more than 30 years ago in the old Ralph Wood textile mill, off Bradley Mills Road, with fellow CAMRA members Ken Williamson, Mike Field, Jim Turney and Dave Jessop.
But it was his purchase of 't’Sair’ a 19th century brewpub, in 1982 which really turned him into a local legend amongst... read more
- 00:33 Conor McGregor 'may never fight again' - UFC president Dana White
- 00:31 Rufus Hound hit with backlash over his Manchester terror...
- 00:31 M&S rides storm after clothing sales setback
- 00:31 City news: Ineos, RBS, Britain's car industry, Screwfix
- 00:29 Fly to the US for less than £100 as low-cost airline opens new...
- 00:28 Donations flood in for homeless heroes
- 00:25 The sex slaves of al-Shabab
- 00:23 Manchester attack: Everything we know about suicide bomber Salman...
- 00:22 Found at scene in Manchester: Detonator, Shrapnel and battery
- 00:22 Watch Europa League final highlights after Manchester United beat Ajax
- 00:22 Tiger Woods determined to play golf again but admits he faces at...
- 00:21 Here is everything we know so far about the Manchester tragedy
- 00:20 Manchester terror attack: Nuneaton property raided and man arrested
- 00:19 Churches and police join forces to help most vulnerable in Cumbria
- 00:18 Call for Leeds rail passengers to help protect vulnerable children
- 00:18 Drinking coffee may have protective effect against liver cancer,...
- 00:18 Patrick Mercer: Terrorism – we must protect those who protect us
- 00:18 YP Comment: Standing up to the forces of evil. Soldiers in a show...
- 00:17 Jose Mourinho: This striker could be at Manchester United next season
- 00:17 Manchester United told to go on epic spending spree: They need four...
- 00:16 The staggering number of abusive tweets sent to MPs
- 00:10 Last night's TV reviewed: Fair cops a force for good
- 00:10 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set to name shock inclusion for Chelsea...
- 00:09 'I turned my dad's erotic novel into a hit podcast'
- 00:06 Coronation Street attacker reveal, killer exit and rape horror: 10...
- 00:05 Syrian army drives back Isis in surprise blitz offensive
- 00:05 Venezuela: Delayed regional elections after constitution rewrite
- 00:05 Philippines: Dirty Duterte may extend martial law
- 00:05 PCS: Serwotka presses for end to zero-hours
- 00:05 ‘Despicable’ Argos bosses refuse to talk to strikers