A quarter of all public phone boxes are at risk of removal - check the list to see if yours is on
More than a quarter of public telephone boxes in the North East have been earmarked for removal.
British Telecom has launched a nationwide review of its payphones after revealing usage has declined by more than 90% in the last decade.
The telecommunications giant is proposing to remove 295 phone boxes from across the region.
If the plans go-ahead, it could see around 179 payphones scrapped in Northumberland.
A total of 31 phone boxes are at risk in Newcastle, 23 in North Tyneside, 13 in South Tyneside, 28 in Gateshead and 21 in Sunderland.
The move would leave 142 in Northumberland and 641... read more
- 09:47 Emmerdale spoilers: Joe Tate exit already REVEALED as Debbie Dingle...
- 09:47 Police officer ‘threw a stress ball at a colleague’s throat’
- 09:46 Darren Philp: Still more to do on pensions reforms
- 09:46 Andrew Vine: Failure of social safety net traps elderly on NHS wards
- 09:46 Tom Richmond: Heseltine and Mandelson - Don’t write off these big...
- 09:46 Sleet and rain expected over the next 24 hours
- 09:46 Darkest Hour: Gary Oldman’s Churchill speech receives STANDING...
- 09:45 Drink-drive offender was spotted driving through a red light
- 09:44 Harrogate MP Andrew Jones on new business role within government
- 09:44 Like him or not, Trump must visit
- 09:44 West Bromwich Albion star 'should stay' at Walsall - but Glasgow...
- 09:44 "He needs to play" - Aston Villa transfer target ALLOWED to leave
- 09:44 Coach Trip is back - and it wants Brummie contestants for new series
- 09:44 Here comes Fionn! Weather warning as fresh storm heads to Blackpool
- 09:42 Rapper targeted in arson attacks over 'disrespectful' songs and...
- 09:42 Two arrested after knife attack at Carlisle takeaway
- 09:41 Drink-drive offender was spotted driving through a red light
- 09:40 Seth Rollins brings back the Curbstomp, Chris Jericho to return:...
- 09:40 Court listings 16/01/18
- 09:40 UK inflation rate falls slightly
- 09:40 New Notts partnership saves fraud victims £.25m
- 09:39 Watch what Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez could bring to Manchester...
- 09:38 We pay for the FENCE! May fires back at Macron over claims UK...
- 09:38 Documentary to turn spotlight on ‘mate crime’
- 09:38 Thug threatened to bite and spit at police while claiming he was...
- 09:37 Top Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic shot dead
- 09:37 Thief disturbed during burglary at Wellingborough house
- 09:37 Chorley Court Listings - Tuesday January 16 2018
- 09:36 Harrogate MP Andrew Jones on new business role within government
- 09:36 PTSG’s results are set to be in line with board’s expectations