A man for all seasons - how Issy Sharp built his hotel chain
Looking back on his more than 50 years in the hotels business, Isadore "Issy" Sharp is modest about his achievements.
"I've been fortunate to be a reasonable success," says the 85-year-old Canadian.
Mr Sharp's definition of "reasonable success" must be different to most people's, because he is the founder of the Four Seasons Hotels chain.
Starting with just one hotel in Toronto in 1960, the company he grew today runs 99 hotels in 33 countries, and enjoys annual revenues of more than $4bn (£3.1bn).
And despite Mr Sharp being halfway through his ninth decade, he... read more
- 11:23 Elon Musk wants to rate accuracy of news stories on a site called...
- 11:21 No border to a good education
- 11:21 The Prince of Denmark comes to Duns Castle
- 11:21 Parkland survivor David Hogg aims to 'create the NRA – except for...
- 11:21 Couple obsessed with Boyzone member guilty of killing French nanny
- 11:20 Russian military downed flight MH17, say investigators
- 11:19 Firefighters called out to Tottington trees fire
- 11:18 COLUMN: Plan wisely for retirement and it could be one long holiday
- 11:17 Sheffield schools at 'tipping point', Prime Minister is told
- 11:15 Is Mohamed Salah fasting for Ramadan ahead of the Champions...
- 11:15 Roads closed after injured woman found near St Helens car park
- 11:13 Praise for lifeboat aid
- 11:12 Get in! Here’s some fab photos from a 2009 Hartlepool schools day...
- 11:12 Gadgets: 5 of the best projectors
- 11:12 Gardening: 5 of the best garden gnomes
- 11:11 Andrés Iniesta signs for Japanese club Vissel Kobe after leaving...
- 11:11 East Midlands businesswomen share the stories of their success at...
- 11:11 Kyle Edmund: Is he the new Andy Murray? Or just Tim Henman?
- 11:11 HEATWAVE: East Midlands set to bask in RECORD BREAKING Bank Holiday...
- 11:11 Is anyone really surprised that there’s now Meghan and Harry...
- 11:11 Are smartphones causing more teen suicides?
- 11:10 Charity ball for Headway Preston and Chorley is a success
- 11:10 Whitley Bay restaurant is cooking up a storm for TV show
- 11:10 Complex to hold open day to celebrate £1.2m refurbishment
- 11:10 Final preparations made for Whitley Bay Carnival
- 11:09 Children discover the delights of vegetarian food
- 11:08 SuperJosh volunteers take on 36-mile walk from Blackpool to Bury
- 11:06 Clitheroe twins are treasure hunt winners
- 11:06 Political football: NFL’s new anthem policy is a ‘victory for Trump’
- 11:06 VIDEO: St John the Baptist C of E Primary School Mexborough