A look inside the new Middletons Steakhouse in former Leicester city centre NatWest Bank
A £1.5 million project to create a restaurant inside a former NatWest Bank is nearing completion.
The final details are being added to the new Middletons Steakhouse & Grill inside the grade II*-listed building in Leicester's St Martin's.
The offices and counters at the bank – which has been empty for 16 years – have been ripped out and replaced with bright red leather seating and booths, while toilets have been installed where one of the strong rooms once stood.
Nothing remains of the safes hidden away in the cellars which once held up to £6 million in cash.
A vast chandelier has been... read more
- 07:42 Rail groups coupling together to revive electrification proposals
- 07:39 Toni Kroos FEARS Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool due to his time at...
- 07:39 Liverpool News: Lyon offer major Fekir update, Kroos claim,...
- 07:39 Philippe Coutinho makes Barcelona ace Lionel Messi submit transfer...
- 07:36 Part of M6 in Cumbria shut due to lorry fire overnight
- 07:33 Chelsea transfer news: Next Blues boss told to build team around...
- 07:31 ‘Prolific’ car thief banned from entering three areas of Sunderland
- 07:31 Boris Johnson wants a private plane for Brexit business ‘because...
- 07:31 Last ditch attempt to save Calderdale school building
- 07:26 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 07:26 Texting mistakes you don’t know you’re making
- 07:21 Donald Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 07:20 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:16 M&S profits slump on store closure costs
- 07:15 Ulverston driver due to appear in court accused of failing to stop...
- 07:15 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:15 Chance to win VIP tickets for The Mail Picnic Day at Cartmel...
- 07:15 Cheers: Friends and family pay tribute to former Barrow landlord
- 07:15 Selfless volunteers praised for combined 30 year commitment to...
- 07:15 Barrow man to face criminal damage charge
- 07:13 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:13 Outdoor company Patagonia backs bid to restore Lake District route...
- 07:13 Carlisle hospital guard assaulted after patient's tobacco theft fears
- 07:13 Festival can go ahead after 11th-hour hearing
- 07:10 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:09 GPs need access to database of social activities to help lonely...
- 07:09 Street and park cordoned off in Sheffield suburb amid reports of...
- 07:09 Three children rescued after huge blaze breaks out at house...
- 07:08 Pregnancy causes long-term changes to brain structure, says study
- 07:08 Aylesbury Vale District Council’s most complained about councillor...