A glass of red wine a day could keep polycystic ovaries at bay: Compound in grapes and nuts 'corrects hormone imbalance in women with PCOS'
It's already been linked to preventing cancer, protecting against heart problems and improving brain function.
Now scientists say a glass of red wine a day could prevent women from developing a common condition that can stop them having children.
The latest research suggests a natural compound found in red wine, called resveratrol, may help to address the hormone imbalance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
PCOS is a leading cause of female infertility, thought to affect around one in 10 women worldwide.
It is the most common endocrine condition in women of childbearing age... read more
- 10:23 Woman posts unfortunate tweet just hours before Sir Bruce Forsyth's...
- 10:21 Mental health battle being fought - thanks to football
- 10:20 Tamworth FC head into Curzon test full of confidence
- 10:19 Anderton Boat Lift opens new £50,000 playground
- 10:19 Ulverston Proms performer makes appeal after saxophone stolen
- 10:17 McDonald’s workers in the UK set to strike for first time ever
- 10:17 Jeremy Hunt reacts after Stephen Hawking claims Tories have caused...
- 10:16 Man found injured by Folkestone harbour wall dies
- 10:16 Swansea v Manchester United: LIVE build-up, team news and highlights
- 10:16 Footballers on strike: Will Philippe Coutinho join this list of...
- 10:16 Arsenal transfer shock: Arsene Wenger tried to sign Jonny Evans -...
- 10:15 Russian knife attacker wounds eight
- 10:13 V Festival food and drink guide 2017
- 10:11 Jeep Compass review - Old-school looks with off road excellence
- 10:11 These are officially the clumsiest names in Britain
- 10:11 Watch: Shocking road rage where man screams abuse and jams on brakes
- 10:11 The full weekend weather forecast for Coventry
- 10:09 'Compassionate, generous, adventurous' Canadian grandfather killed...
- 10:09 Will McGregor v Mayweather save American boxing – or bury it?
- 10:07 Jo Konta knocked out of Cincinnati Open by Simona Halep after...
- 10:05 How to look after your mental health in the aftermath of a terror...
- 10:05 Here's why Town fans should set off early for Sunday's sold-out...
- 10:04 Paranormal investigator claims he knows true identity of St James...
- 10:04 13 ways you can spot a Scottish person
- 10:02 Transfer news LIVE: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and...
- 10:01 Julian Draxler to Liverpool: Philippe Coutinho must be sold fast to...
- 10:01 Love Island’s Georgia Harrison confirms split from Sam Gowland –...
- 10:00 Do you have what it takes to be a firefighter in North Wales?
- 09:59 Kitten trapped in wall finds new home in Durham
- 09:58 Merriam-Webster has created a way to find out which words were...