A glass of red wine a day could keep polycystic ovaries at bay: Compound in grapes and nuts 'corrects hormone imbalance in women with PCOS'
It's already been linked to preventing cancer, protecting against heart problems and improving brain function.
Now scientists say a glass of red wine a day could prevent women from developing a common condition that can stop them having children.
The latest research suggests a natural compound found in red wine, called resveratrol, may help to address the hormone imbalance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
PCOS is a leading cause of female infertility, thought to affect around one in 10 women worldwide.
It is the most common endocrine condition in women of childbearing age... read more
- 12:12 Why there's a statue of a gorilla holding a VW Beetle in Leicester,...
- 12:12 Imprtant police message to Chesterfield parents
- 12:12 Popular restaurant set to relaunch with three-size carvery
- 12:11 Brazen moped gang try to steal BBC Boat Race cameras during rush hour
- 12:11 Great Northern March: Thousands call for end to Brexit in Leeds
- 12:08 Man Utd News: David De Gea's shock rival for best Premier League...
- 12:08 Depraved paedo ring abused young girls in van they called ‘shag wagon’
- 12:07 Man dies after being hit by car outside Turf Moor
- 12:06 Banbury Guardian couple celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- 12:04 Pyjama party raises money and awareness of autism
- 12:03 Easter holidays 2018: 15 fun things to do with the kids in London...
- 12:02 Pupils say emotional farewell popular dinner lady Cath
- 12:00 Time for the annual show of flowers
- 12:00 Scope volunteer scoops national award
- 11:59 British watchdog assessing evidence from Cambridge Analytica raid
- 11:59 Charity car washes in Derbyshire to help firefighter given just...
- 11:58 Barclays in Bourne to close due to ‘lack of use’
- 11:58 Stamford choristers win prestigious award
- 11:58 Oakham photographer snaps up award for his work
- 11:54 Ofsted rates Harby Pre-School as ‘Good’
- 11:54 Declan Donnelly's joke Holly Willoughby would replace Ant McPartlin...
- 11:50 Leicester music venue Dryden Street Social under threat from £42m...
- 11:49 Charity car washes in Derbyshire to help firefighter given just...
- 11:49 Prostate cancer patients will benefit from a new radiotherapy trial...
- 11:47 Charity car washes in Derbyshire to help firefighter given just...
- 11:45 Apple wants to introduce new emojis for disabled people
- 11:45 Man Utd identify Paul Pogba replacement: Jose Mourinho 'willing to...
- 11:45 From snowboarding to cheese eating, can you tick off the ultimate...
- 11:44 Updated Mazda 6 unveiled
- 11:43 Birmingham City: The best of Christophe Dugarry