A giant three foot LIZARD is on the loose in a Liverpool suburb
A giant three foot lizard has been roaming the streets of Wavertree for three days after escaping from a family’s home.
Mum Zoe Bown, 37, made a desperate plea for help on Facebook after her boyfriend’s rogue reptile made a bid for freedom and escaped through the back door on Sunday.
Loki the lizard is an Argentine giant tegu, the largest species of its kind.
Although he is only ten months old now, he is likely to grow to up to four and a half feet.
A healthy tegu would be able to live for up to twenty years in the wild in a hotter climate, but it is feared that Loki won’t be able to... read more
- 09:55 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 09:55 Scottish sports stars should 'safeguard lucrative deals'
- 09:55 In pictures: How Leeds made the most of the mini heatwave
- 09:55 Search for family after Brighouse man, 65, dies
- 09:54 Parking action plan developed for Berwick
- 09:54 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 09:54 The Queen wants Prince Charles to take over as Commonwealth head
- 09:54 Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable, poll finds
- 09:53 Egyptian Premier League moves fixtures so nation can watch Mohamed...
- 09:53 House extension destroyed in blaze
- 09:53 Investigation to begin today into cause of Peckleton explosion
- 09:53 Chris Coleman still in the dark but desperate to be big part of...
- 09:51 PREMIER LEAGUE & FA CUP PREVIEW: Heavyweight tie as Man Utd face...
- 09:51 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 09:50 Closure of Denstone Stores prompts concern older villagers could...
- 09:49 Firefighters tackle digger blaze in South Cumbria
- 09:49 Mum who gave birth at Northampton General Hospital names baby after...
- 09:49 Firefighters tackle house fire on the Fairmead Estate in Melton
- 09:48 Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable, poll finds
- 09:48 ‘The Sagas of Noggin the Nog’ comes to Great Carlton
- 09:48 Update: Collision involving ‘bus and tractor’ on the A16 at Grainsby
- 09:46 Fast and furious: Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable,...
- 09:45 Knife crime rises in Northumbria
- 09:44 New spring food festival arrives in Banbury this weekend
- 09:44 Barclays boss used bank's security team to hunt for whistleblower
- 09:43 Sunderland youngsters could be offered new deals as Chris Coleman...
- 09:43 Car fire spreads to three other vehicles during early morning blaze
- 09:43 Call for Carlisle to become major transportation hub
- 09:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:42 Call for Carlisle to become major transportation hub