A fifth of British motorists spend over a year of their lives in traffic jams
Almost a fifth of British drivers will spend an estimated 14 months stuck in traffic jams during their lifetimes.
That’s the conclusion of new research commissioned by AA Tyres, the AA’s mobile tyre fitting service.
In effect, the time we waste sitting in traffic could be used to backpack around the world, complete a Masters degree or even become almost proficient in Mandarin.
An AA-Populus poll asked 20,845 AA members how many hours a week, on average, they spend stuck in congestion. A total of 17% of drivers said that they spend at least three hours in snarl-ups every week – which adds... read more
- 09:14 Jug and Jester in Leamington has closed and its new owner will...
- 09:14 Nigel Clough's fine managerial record against Leeds United boosted...
- 09:14 Plans to build £2m medical research lab in Calderdale
- 09:13 Updated: 18-year-old stabbing victim discharged from hospital
- 09:13 Town centre stabbing victim dies
- 09:13 Paul Merson delivers his prediction for Arsenal v Leicester
- 09:13 No way through! Which of the Premier League’s top seven have the...
- 09:13 Real Madrid happy to sell star to Man Utd or Chelsea because of...
- 09:13 £5m prize fund launched to help de-stress ‘stifled’ SMEs
- 09:13 Waxwork honour for Corrie’s Kym
- 09:12 Attackers said ‘we are so sorry’ then threw acid in lecturer’s face
- 09:12 Tortoise somehow gets stuck in gap between two houses
- 09:11 Holly and Phil stunned as Hollyoaks’ Kieron Richardson reveals he...
- 09:11 Burton and South Derbyshire runners complete the Virgin Money...
- 09:10 Doncaster to remember the fallen with King's Own Yorkshire Light...
- 09:10 Eating aged cheeses like cheddar and brie might help you live longer
- 09:10 Cassini spacecraft snaps a shot of Earth between Saturn's rings in...
- 09:09 HALLEY'S COMET SPECTACLE: Fireballs to light up night sky
- 09:09 HARLEQUIN INVASION: Smelly STD-riddled ladybirds from Asia are COMING
- 09:09 Country & Coast: Garden watch gives meagre mammal count of just ten
- 09:09 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Aberdeen would have folded against Hibs in the past but we are so...
- 09:08 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Stalker is spared from jail after making victim’s life hell
- 09:08 South Shields’ The Word wins four gongs at building awards
- 09:08 Dana White admits he gives Conor McGregor a lot more leeway than...
- 09:08 South Shields ‘run face’ man delighted after marathon effort
- 09:07 Doncaster football legend Kevin Keegan awarded damages after...
- 09:07 Root relishes challenge of aiding Yorkshire’s pursuit of one-day glory
- 09:06 Volunteers urged to help clean up Durham Heritage Coast