A fifth of British motorists spend over a year of their lives in traffic jams
Almost a fifth of British drivers will spend an estimated 14 months stuck in traffic jams during their lifetimes.
That’s the conclusion of new research commissioned by AA Tyres, the AA’s mobile tyre fitting service.
In effect, the time we waste sitting in traffic could be used to backpack around the world, complete a Masters degree or even become almost proficient in Mandarin.
An AA-Populus poll asked 20,845 AA members how many hours a week, on average, they spend stuck in congestion. A total of 17% of drivers said that they spend at least three hours in snarl-ups every week – which adds... read more
- 10:57 Sergio Ramos tells Real Madrid stars to forget unbeaten run and...
- 10:57 Liverpool were awarded yet another penalty against Manchester...
- 10:57 Kluivert Mk II: Patrick's son Justin, 17, follows in his father's...
- 10:56 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:56 COLUMN: Make your dog your running buddy
- 10:56 Bus fire in Mablethorpe
- 10:56 ‘Tour of the Wolds’ will bring thousands to Louth
- 10:56 Young Jack needs a new home
- 10:55 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:54 Serbia and Kosovo 'on brink of WAR' as troops line border to ‘bomb’...
- 10:54 South Yorkshire fires round-up: Arsonists wreak havoc in spate of...
- 10:54 After snow, storms and rough seas, what has the North East weather...
- 10:54 Farewell The West Wing: White House press corps to leave iconic...
- 10:53 7 ways of getting the taxman to help you beat the January financial...
- 10:53 European club boss confirms he wants to sign Chelsea and West Ham...
- 10:53 Ivan Toney and Matt Crooks can be good signings for Scunthorpe:...
- 10:53 Angry Birds maker Rovio to open game development studio in London
- 10:53 Oracle opens start-up accelerator in Israel for cloud innovation
- 10:53 Blue Monday: 14 ways to stay cheery in Chester
- 10:53 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:53 Bayern Munich make Marco Verratti their priority target as Carlo...
- 10:53 Top Lancashire politician to retire before the ‘grim reaper comes’
- 10:52 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:52 We fully deserved a point, says Town boss Adams
- 10:52 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:51 'The days of someone handing over £250k are long gone': How do you...
- 10:51 The shares to watch in 2017: From an unloved clothing giant, to a...
- 10:51 Police get extension in Gomersal murder investigation
- 10:51 Couple caught having sex in Burger King toilets
- 10:51 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash