A dreadful week for British sport
IF THE summer of 2016 was one of British sporting triumph, the autumn is becoming one of scandal and suspicion. Britons barely had time to celebrate Team GB’s performance in Rio de Janeiro, where it finished second in the medal table in both the Olympic and Paralympic games, before receiving embarrassing news.
On September 27th “Big Sam” Allardyce, the recently appointed manager of the mediocre but beloved England football team, offered his resignation to the Football Association (FA) just 67 days into the job, after the Daily Telegraph newspaper published footage of him explaining how to... read more
- 11:57 Heartachingly cute bulldog demands 6 belly rubs in a single minute
- 11:57 Why Malaysia’s Sabah region should be your next holiday destination
- 11:56 Named and shamed: Who's been in Derbyshire's courts?
- 11:55 Scunthorpe defeat is not the end of the world: How Twitter reacted
- 11:54 Greek parliament approves 2017 budget projecting return to strong...
- 11:54 Police are warned: No promise of extra cash
- 11:54 Market 'paradigm shift' may be under way, but more volatility...
- 11:48 Iran signs $16bn deal to buy 80 Boeing aircraft
- 11:48 Boris Johnson 'misreported' over Saudi Arabia
- 11:44 ECB's Weidmann - can't exclude option of state joining Italy bank...
- 11:44 Shrinking FX market could pose stability risk - BIS
- 11:42 Faulty lights spark safety fears
- 11:42 Farmers’ fears about violent crime
- 11:39 Live coverage of second murder investigation following fatal...
- 11:35 BREAKING: 17 people dead after two girls blow themselves up in...
- 11:35 It’s a record - Horncastle RBL raises appeal cash
- 11:35 Cattle trough and dolly tubs stolen from West Rasen and Osgodby
- 11:34 Here comes the bride... soaking wet! Photographer holds incredible...
- 11:34 Uber driver clocks 'longest ride in history' after taking customer...
- 11:34 Fantasy holiday! Bachelor reject Kiki Morris flaunts her bronzed...
- 11:33 Wow! Giant Star Wars AT-ACT built by Lincolnshire inventor
- 11:31 Chelsea star offered mammoth contract to leave Stamford Bridge
- 11:31 Theo Walcott: This is why Arsenal are top of the table
- 11:30 Rent-a-Jew tells you all you need to know about Jews
- 11:29 Manchester City target £25m move for Tottenham star Danny Rose
- 11:29 Chelsea facing points deduction for part in bench-clearing bust-up...
- 11:29 Arsenal must 'smash their wage structure' to keep Alexis Sanchez...
- 11:27 Bolivia’s defence minister accuses Chapecoense plane crash pilot of...
- 11:26 England on the brink of humiliating fourth Test defeat after...
- 11:24 Social Superstore platform allows users to earn money by sharing goods