A cure for the common cold could be on its way
0 Have your say A cure for the common cold could be on the horizon, according to new research.
Experiments on mice and monkeys have found dozens of different viruses can be mixed together to create a ‘one size fits all’ style jab.
Scientists now hope to try their ‘cocktails’ on human volunteers, which should be possible because they are not dangerous.
The main cause of colds are rhinoviruses, but the problem is there are more than 100 different types, suggesting the quest for an immunisation programme was unrealistic.
It was always felt the human body cannot build up resistance to so many,... read more
- 10:30 Aston Villa analysis: The game-changer, the rock, the star man and...
- 10:30 Sainsbury's shoppers can earn 10 TIMES more Nectar points over May...
- 10:30 West Brom academy teams 'victims of own success' this season
- 10:30 Maikel Kieftenbeld's rallying call as Birmingham City fight to...
- 10:29 Luis Suarez hails Lionel Messi after Barcelona star nets 500th club...
- 10:29 Yaya Toure wants to play Manchester derby without a referee as he...
- 10:29 May the force be with you at Louth Library
- 10:28 Work starts on new £3.8m visitor centre
- 10:28 Cumbrian nature lovers get close to TV's Simon
- 10:27 Fire crews called out to tree and car fires in Leamington
- 10:27 Meet the intersex model who is rocking the fashion industry
- 10:26 Doncaster mayoral election: what matters to you
- 10:26 VIDEO: As Red Arrows return to Doncaster, watch amazing vintage...
- 10:26 Teenage cyclist ‘hacked to death by gang with machetes’
- 10:26 Man dies after being hit by train at Manor Road station
- 10:25 Pools axe Dave Jones and turn to ‘Fab Four’ to save League status
- 10:25 Hartlepool United confirm Dave Jones' departure as club battle for...
- 10:25 Appeal to find bike stolen in Morecambe
- 10:24 Tumble drier sparks house blaze
- 10:24 School kids could meet Barack Obama in Edinburgh as they compete...
- 10:23 Liverpool's dire record against the Premier League's bottom-half...
- 10:23 Annie Fanny, Nic Dakin and other Scunthorpe runners smash London...
- 10:23 Fire crew called out to road traffic collision
- 10:23 EXCLUSIVE: Chesterfield Hotel is sold
- 10:22 Banks boost FTSE as French election ignites risk-on rally
- 10:22 Lionel Messi uses the wonders of technology so Neymar can take part...
- 10:22 8 things you need to know about Saint George’s Day
- 10:22 Obesity ‘causes more deaths than smoking’
- 10:22 Eyes to the future following sad loss
- 10:22 Fears over bed blocking as delayed discharges double