A cure for the common cold could be on its way
0 Have your say A cure for the common cold could be on the horizon, according to new research.
Experiments on mice and monkeys have found dozens of different viruses can be mixed together to create a ‘one size fits all’ style jab.
Scientists now hope to try their ‘cocktails’ on human volunteers, which should be possible because they are not dangerous.
The main cause of colds are rhinoviruses, but the problem is there are more than 100 different types, suggesting the quest for an immunisation programme was unrealistic.
It was always felt the human body cannot build up resistance to so many,... read more
- 10:59 The verdict is in: Ketchup should be stored in the fridge
- 10:58 Move to take down Union flag amid ‘eyesore’ complaints
- 10:58 Gig announcement: KT Tunstall to play South Tyneside Summer Festival
- 10:58 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 10:57 Woodsmith Mine project on schedule
- 10:57 Rise in pupils taking term-time holidays in Doncaster
- 10:56 Bus shelters smashed by vandals in wrecking spree in Sheffield suburb
- 10:56 Rise in pupils taking term-time holidays in Doncaster
- 10:55 Italy one step closer to QUITTING eurozone as Five Star Movement...
- 10:55 Transfer News: Real Madrid make Chelsea decision, Man United star...
- 10:55 Australian government fails to ratify extradition treaty with China
- 10:55 Man Utd crisis: Jose Mourinho could be without SEVEN for West Brom...
- 10:55 Democrats try to block Donald Trump's US Supreme Court nominee Neil...
- 10:55 Amazon to buy Middle East online retailer Souq
- 10:55 Heartbroken pregnant woman to arrange for family pet's destruction
- 10:55 Premier League player opens up on transfer talks with Jose Mourinho
- 10:55 Ilkeston road shut after collision involving a lorry
- 10:55 Nottingham's indoor street food market launch date is announced -...
- 10:55 Nottinghamshire hospital's mail van is stolen
- 10:54 Ivan Perisic joining Liverpool would be 'great' says Dejan Lovren...
- 10:54 Dustin Johnson to rest up for Masters tilt as he pulls out of...
- 10:54 Carlisle girl's dream to go for gold at the Paralympics
- 10:54 Marine who shot Taliban fighter could walk from jail within weeks
- 10:53 Wolseley profit driven by U.S. growth, to change name to Ferguson
- 10:53 Kim Jong Nam's body still in Malaysia amid talk of deal with North...
- 10:53 Dangerous ladders alert
- 10:53 Which Derbyshire sites are among the UK’s most visited tourist...
- 10:53 Man, 63, killed on Chesterfield train line
- 10:53 Be afraid, be very afraid
- 10:53 Police release picture of former Winshill man they want to speak to...