A cure for the common cold could be on its way
0 Have your say A cure for the common cold could be on the horizon, according to new research.
Experiments on mice and monkeys have found dozens of different viruses can be mixed together to create a ‘one size fits all’ style jab.
Scientists now hope to try their ‘cocktails’ on human volunteers, which should be possible because they are not dangerous.
The main cause of colds are rhinoviruses, but the problem is there are more than 100 different types, suggesting the quest for an immunisation programme was unrealistic.
It was always felt the human body cannot build up resistance to so many,... read more
- 11:24 Why do they have pacers in the London Marathon?
- 11:24 Michael Owen compares Mohamed Salah’s phenomenal season to other...
- 11:24 Royal Regiment of Fusiliers staged Freedom parade
- 11:23 Mike Myers honours Austin Powers co-star Verne Troyer after actor's...
- 11:18 Summer camp places up for grabs
- 11:16 Dale Winton ‘died of a broken heart’ after split from toyboy lover
- 11:15 Opposition view: Pilgrims boss Adams has no complaints in defeat...
- 11:14 Hunt launched for British father who ‘abducted his twin daughters...
- 11:13 Wife's horror story of how controlling mum-in-law tells her when to...
- 11:12 IPL betting preview: Mumbai Indians set to brush aside struggling...
- 11:11 Andres Iniesta cries on the bench as Barcelona midfielder struggles...
- 11:11 Chelsea vs Southampton: Conte without three, huge doubt for Blues,...
- 11:10 Cousin reveals ‘evil’ Manchester Arena terrorist used his bank card...
- 11:10 BBC series filmed around Warwick and Stratford set for second season
- 11:10 Stratford-on-Avon jeweller Pragnell wins prestigious Queen’s Award...
- 11:09 Lichfield belly dancing group on the lookout for new members
- 11:07 Woman suffers serious injuries after assault in Market Harborough flat
- 11:07 IPL betting preview: Sunrisers fully expected to bounce back...
- 11:07 Primary school tests boycott draws scattered support
- 11:04 Everton, Celtic and Leicester to battle it out for prolific forward
- 11:04 Wastwater death: Diver dies in England's deepest lake
- 10:59 Boy, 9, who woke up with ‘puffy’ face died four days later
- 10:58 County cricket: Yorkshire v Notts, Somerset v Worcs and more – live!
- 10:55 Police appeal after alleyway 'serious sexual assault' in Bradford
- 10:54 Ant McPartlin's drastically different look as he appears on...
- 10:52 Johanna Konta and Heather Watson suffer Fed Cup heartbreak as Japan...
- 10:52 Tourists evacuated from famous abbey in France after security threat
- 10:51 Police appeal after alleyway 'serious sexual assault' in Bradford
- 10:49 Pothole ridden roads in Nuneaton and Bedworth 'forgotten'
- 10:47 Hollywood star Verne Troyer dies aged 49