A cure for baldness? L'Oreal is working on 3D printed hair follicles that grow NEW strands
A new 3D printing technique could finally result in a cure for baldness.
While hair transplants, such as those had by England footballer Wayne Rooney, are possible, they involving a painstakingly long and expensive process.
New technology being developed by L'Oréal could lead to 3D printing of new hair follicles that are capable of sprouting new hair.
HOW DOES IT WORK? The printer fires a laser at a cartridge containing 'ink'.
Rather than the ink usually used, this substance is in face a suspension of cells taken from alopecia patients after hair surgery.
The lasers sends a stream of... read more
- 20:48 Morgan Stanley COO Jim Rosenthal to retire at end of year - memo
- 20:48 Deutsche settlement over Russia trades possible in 2017 - sources
- 20:45 US election: Clinton 'eyes Biden for top diplomat job'
- 20:43 Morrisons has raised the price of Marmite by 12.5%
- 20:43 Watch as autistic Derbyshire boy, 8, performs amazing Thriller...
- 20:40 Jess Varnish relieved as British Cycling uphold complaint against...
- 20:38 Driver jailed for killing passenger as he smashed car into garden wall
- 20:36 India, Pakistan trade accusations of bloodshed across Line of Control
- 20:36 France's Valls expresses "anger" over Hollande comments - Le Monde
- 20:35 Apple products just got a lot more expensive because of the weak pound
- 20:33 Drunken mum who glassed woman in the face at funeral wake jailed...
- 20:25 Great British Menu: Prue Leith replaced by Andi Oliver
- 20:25 UPDATE: Police searching for potential escapee from Haverigg prison
- 20:22 Pornhub makes offer to buy Vine saying ‘six seconds is more...
- 20:21 FBI open probe into Hillary Clinton's classified emails again after...
- 20:20 Fylde coast ice rink site is back in play as fun centre
- 20:17 Don't forget to put the clocks back on Sunday
- 20:17 Spooky Halloween tales from the past around Burton and South...
- 20:17 Northwich Odeon opening date announced at Barons Quay
- 20:15 How Man City can thrive with De Bruyne, Gundogan AND Silva
- 20:15 Andi Oliver replaces Prue Leith on The Great British Menu...
- 20:14 FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- 20:13 Mam Tor and The Great Ridge walk is the third top-trending...
- 20:12 Appeal launched to trace escapee from Cumbrian prison
- 20:12 Wolves: Why it's simply crucial Fosun get the next appointment bang...
- 20:09 Villagers step up efforts to save pub
- 20:08 Deadly measles complication is far more common than previously...
- 20:08 Soda tax DOES work in America: First tax on sugary drinks cut sales...
- 20:05 Barcelona close to breaking ties with Spanish league in water...
- 20:05 UPDATE: Police searching for potential prison escapee from HMP...