A chandelier from Napoleon's sister, 18th-century clothes to wear to dinner and 15 acres per guest: Inside the real-life Downton Abbey hotel voted No1 in the world
Ireland is famous for many things, like green rolling countryside and Guinness - but it turns out they are also incredibly good at churning out world-class five-star hotels.
Conde Nast Traveller recently produced its 2016 list of best hotels in the word, voted for by their readers, and three of the top ten establishments were Irish, with the No.1 spot going to the Ballyfin.
Despite only having 20 bedrooms, the Ballyfin regularly features in these world's best lists - the actor Richard E. Grant says it's his favourite hotel in the world and Kim Kardashian and Kanye West spent their... read more
- 08:01 Colombia conflict: ELN rebels free Dutch journalists
- 07:59 Lights, camera, action! Behind the scenes of a new cinema advert...
- 07:55 Spa pool at Huddersfield Leisure Centre may never reopen
- 07:54 Join Skegness school for 40th anniversary June Day Jaunt celebration
- 07:53 Arsenal transfer news LIVE updates: Lacazette latest, Mbappe hope,...
- 07:53 Travellers pitch up on Myton Fields again
- 07:50 Henry Onyekuru gets UK visa after Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee...
- 07:49 Former Coventry City defender Blair Adams joins Hartlepool United
- 07:49 Video 5 of 5: Heatwave a boost for Grantham Carnival
- 07:44 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network
- 07:43 Peter O'Mahony's journey from the back pitches of his local club in...
- 07:43 New Zealand vs British and Irish Lions LIVE: Follow all the action...
- 07:41 The biggest fee paid in every Premier League summer transfer window...
- 07:41 Colwyn Bay promenade development countdown as school holiday looms
- 07:41 These are the road closures for Cycle Live Nottingham this weekend
- 07:34 La Liga stadiums ranked by capacity: Which grounds are biggest?
- 07:27 Care home in Ellesmere Port is shut after family's audio recording...
- 07:26 Lindisfarne Oysters seeks new customers
- 07:26 Conservation work under way at Holy Island church
- 07:25 Visa refusal leaves mother and toddler 4,000 miles apart
- 07:25 UK's first heart pump targets 2018 clinical trial
- 07:21 Gareth Shaw: Finance fraudsters exploit gap in the rules
- 07:21 Glasgow Jazz Festival: Neil Cowley Trio | Mezcla
- 07:21 St Magnus Festival: The Story of Magnus Erlendsson | Edinbugh Quartet
- 07:21 Theatre: Death of a Salesman
- 07:21 Edinburgh International Film Festival
- 07:17 It is a bad time of year for hayfever sufferers but these tips...
- 07:15 Birdwatch: Remarkable year for spoonbills
- 07:15 Wolds Diary: A sunset worth stopping for
- 07:13 Man City and Tottenham in negotiations for Kyle Walker and more...