A balanced diet can be crucial for guineas
0 Have your say Urolithiasis, the formation of stones in the urinary tract, is a common problem in guinea pigs, mostly seen in males and females over two years old.
Stones often form in the bladder or urethra, but can also appear in the kidneys, ureters or vagina. They usually consist of calcium carbonate, calcium oxalate, or magnesium ammonium phosphate.
Although it is not entirely clear why guinea pigs are affected, there seems to be a relation to a diet high in pellets and low in good quality hay and vegetables, which causes high levels of calcium in the urine. Risk factors include low... read more
- 13:51 Motorists can do their bit to make roads safer by treating them...
- 13:51 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:51 Vodka thief sent back to prison for £7 theft in Mansfield
- 13:51 Jail warning for Bassetlaw thug’s “disgusting” pub attack
- 13:51 Neil Taylor facing longer ban for Seamus Coleman tackle as FIFA...
- 13:51 Fire in Kenilworth play area last night caused by cigarettes
- 13:51 Air ambulance called to motorcycle crash on A153
- 13:50 Restorative justice project launched in Northumberland
- 13:50 Give children in need a special Easter treat
- 13:50 Closure of care centre overnight to continue
- 13:50 End is near for sewer upgrade works
- 13:50 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:50 Jail warning for Bassetlaw thug’s “disgusting” pub attack
- 13:49 US fourth-quarter growth rate revised up
- 13:49 Court to rule on online luxury resellers
- 13:49 How to find out if you've been unfriended on Facebook
- 13:49 Emergency services prepare for increase in arson attacks
- 13:49 Campaigners seek 'to sell US politicians' browsing data'
- 13:49 How Prince Harry, my mum and I put our Heads Together to talk about...
- 13:49 Berwick Workspace to host workshops for businesses
- 13:48 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:48 Rampton patient lashed out at “bullying” nurse
- 13:48 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:47 $esc.html($content.name)
- 13:47 These are the best and worst broadband, TV and phone firms
- 13:47 YOUR SAY: On proposed new public order for Pavilion Gardens
- 13:46 Vile assault on partially blind 80-year-old in Chester lands...
- 13:46 Bookies slash odds of an Easter heatwave in Derby
- 13:46 Stalker plagued woman via Facebook and with over 300 phone calls
- 13:46 Police re-appeal over aggravated burglaries in Gainsborough