A balanced diet can be crucial for guineas
0 Have your say Urolithiasis, the formation of stones in the urinary tract, is a common problem in guinea pigs, mostly seen in males and females over two years old.
Stones often form in the bladder or urethra, but can also appear in the kidneys, ureters or vagina. They usually consist of calcium carbonate, calcium oxalate, or magnesium ammonium phosphate.
Although it is not entirely clear why guinea pigs are affected, there seems to be a relation to a diet high in pellets and low in good quality hay and vegetables, which causes high levels of calcium in the urine. Risk factors include low... read more
- 15:10 What is sepsis? Deadly condition kills tens of thousands every year
- 15:10 Euro zone inflation outlook still in the balance - ECB's Hansson
- 15:09 LIST: 2016 Nottinghamshire bonfire night events
- 15:09 When is Ross County v Celtic? Kick-off time, TV channel and odds
- 15:08 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:08 Poldark ‘rape scene’ complaints examined by media watchdog
- 15:07 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:07 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:07 See water shoot into the air during Gateshead High Street roadworks
- 15:06 Kenyan president commutes all death sentences to life in prison
- 15:06 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:06 South Yorkshire bid to beat domestic abuse
- 15:06 Cuerden jobs site moves step nearer
- 15:06 Man threatened with knife in attempted robbery in Stockton
- 15:05 Girl with incurable illness gets to be police dog handler for the day
- 15:05 Dad 'stalked by cancer' which claimed his wife and daughter
- 15:04 Man sought after he exposed himself on trains
- 15:04 Jail warning for threat to kill man
- 15:04 Adrian Greenwood stabbing: Man guilty of Wind in the Willows murder
- 15:03 Man had facial injuries after assault in Chesterfield bar
- 15:03 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:03 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:03 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:02 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:02 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 15:02 The Centre Project, Granby Street, warns it will have to close –...
- 15:02 BFI research shows cinema-goers in Grimsby really liked 50 Shades...
- 15:02 Man suffers facial injuries in robbery outside Asda
- 15:02 Ward closed at Grimsby hospital due to diarrhoea and vomiting
- 15:01 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents