96-year-old ‘saved from house fire’ by portable misting system



A 96-year-old woman’s life was saved after a portable misting system put out a fire which started while she was sleeping.
At 6pm on Saturday October 15, firefighters attended the Cotmanhay home of a 96-year-old female who had fallen asleep whilst smoking, causing the blanket covering her to catch fire.
The smouldering fire activated a portable misting system which quickly extinguished the fire and prevented any serious injury, or worse - a possible fire death.
In October 2014, in liaison with East Midlands Housing, a portable misting system (PMS) was fitted into her home after concerns were... read more

 
18 October 2016 in Regional East, Views: 18
Share:
  •  





    News Widget for Webmasters



    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31