£71,000 in fines for free NHS treatment claims were wrongly issued
HUNDREDS of Oldhamers have been falsely given a fine for accessing free NHS treatment during the roll out of Universal Credit, the Chronicle can reveal today.
A Freedom of Information Request, submitted by the Chronicle to the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA), found that since Universal Credit was launched in Oldham in 2013, 632 people were wrongly sent a penalty charge notice.
The notice stated that the patient had falsely claimed free NHS dental treatment and were required to pay the cost of their treatment as well as a penalty charge - set at five times the amount owed, up to a... read more
- 10:09 School life: Calderdale College’s new state of the art learning...
- 10:09 Being active on your terms - any girl can!
- 10:08 Germany expects IMF participation in Greek bailout: Finance...
- 10:08 Cleaner who stole £4,000 from dementia sufferer is spared from jail
- 10:08 Back to nature - Pagan style
- 10:08 Sheffield student to build a school - but needs some help
- 10:07 Women’s March backtracks on its statement of solidarity with the...
- 10:07 When does it start getting lighter?
- 10:07 Lionel Messi awaiting 'imminent' new contract offer as Barcelona...
- 10:07 Drivers suffering delays on M6 after HGV smash
- 10:07 Joel Matip left out of Liverpool's squad for Plymouth tie as Jurgen...
- 10:07 Who is Chelsea Manning? Julian Assange and WikiLeaks latest explained
- 10:07 Kirklees doctors to stop prescribing over the counter medicines -...
- 10:07 Lancaster car park named among county’s top dogging sites
- 10:07 Donald Trump looks to JFK for inspiration ahead inaugural speech
- 10:07 South Holland’s booming food firms need hundreds more workers
- 10:07 'Undignified' 15 minute home care visits still used by Kirklees...
- 10:06 Edinburgh makes his mark as Crystal Palace striker Keshi Anderson...
- 10:06 Cobblers boss Edinburgh happy with ‘very competitive’ playing budget
- 10:06 Claudio Ranieri reveals why he wants Antonio Conte’s Chelsea to win...
- 10:04 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 10:04 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses totally nude for £45...
- 10:04 Prisoner was harassed by ex after he was released from jail
- 10:04 Plan for more Leeds school places
- 10:04 China says hopes for "win-win" deal between Britain, EU
- 10:04 Greece sees progress on Cyprus, says Turkey should drop...
- 10:03 Prisoner was harassed by ex after he was released from jail
- 10:03 Lincolnshire-based boxer Nathan Decastro cleared of GBH
- 10:03 Woman, 29, assaulted at Doncaster beauty spot
- 10:03 Police close A91 as they continue investigations into fatal road...