7 reasons why Kindles aren’t actually the root of all evil for book lovers
Once upon a time, I harboured a vehement hatred of e-readers.
I thought they were a betrayal of all that was wonderful about books.
Nothing could beat the glorious feeling of turning the pages of a book for the first time.
And then I got a Kindle.
As an e-reader convert and former sceptic, here’s seven reasons why you should come over to the dark side…
1. You can read terrible books without judgement There’s a reason the digital edition of Fifty Shades Of Grey was so popular.
With a Kindle, you can read anything from children’s books to erotica in public without fear of judgement from your... read more
- 13:51 Fire in Kenilworth play area last night caused by cigarettes
- 13:51 Air ambulance called to motorcycle crash on A153
- 13:50 Restorative justice project launched in Northumberland
- 13:50 Give children in need a special Easter treat
- 13:50 Closure of care centre overnight to continue
- 13:50 End is near for sewer upgrade works
- 13:50 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:50 Jail warning for Bassetlaw thug’s “disgusting” pub attack
- 13:49 US fourth-quarter growth rate revised up
- 13:49 Court to rule on online luxury resellers
- 13:49 How to find out if you've been unfriended on Facebook
- 13:49 Emergency services prepare for increase in arson attacks
- 13:49 Campaigners seek 'to sell US politicians' browsing data'
- 13:49 How Prince Harry, my mum and I put our Heads Together to talk about...
- 13:49 Berwick Workspace to host workshops for businesses
- 13:48 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:48 Rampton patient lashed out at “bullying” nurse
- 13:48 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:47 $esc.html($content.name)
- 13:47 These are the best and worst broadband, TV and phone firms
- 13:47 YOUR SAY: On proposed new public order for Pavilion Gardens
- 13:46 Vile assault on partially blind 80-year-old in Chester lands...
- 13:46 Bookies slash odds of an Easter heatwave in Derby
- 13:46 Stalker plagued woman via Facebook and with over 300 phone calls
- 13:46 Police re-appeal over aggravated burglaries in Gainsborough
- 13:46 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:46 Malaysia releases body of Kim Jong Nam to North Korea
- 13:45 Get with the programme! Enterprising grant for Leeds-based agency
- 13:45 Music is key to Rachel’s studies fund
- 13:45 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool