7 reasons why Kindles aren’t actually the root of all evil for book lovers
Once upon a time, I harboured a vehement hatred of e-readers.
I thought they were a betrayal of all that was wonderful about books.
Nothing could beat the glorious feeling of turning the pages of a book for the first time.
And then I got a Kindle.
As an e-reader convert and former sceptic, here’s seven reasons why you should come over to the dark side…
1. You can read terrible books without judgement There’s a reason the digital edition of Fifty Shades Of Grey was so popular.
With a Kindle, you can read anything from children’s books to erotica in public without fear of judgement from your... read more
- 08:28 Smith’s all-round display helps F&B to victory
- 08:26 Scottish Land & Estates boosts senior management team
- 08:26 Jeremy Corbyn rules out deal with SNP in hung Parliament
- 08:24 Transfer News LIVE updates: Man Utd push; Chelsea, Arsenal,...
- 08:24 Shares in BA-owner IAG fall 4 percent after weekend chaos
- 08:23 Kim Jong Nam accused moved to higher court: Facing death penalty if...
- 08:22 Tiger Woods arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence
- 08:22 When are the 2017 General Election debates on TV? All you need to know
- 08:22 Female zookeeper killed in tiger attack at Hamerton Zoo
- 08:22 Labour's free childcare pledge to help 'more than a million families'
- 08:22 Ariana Grande's mum pays tribute to Manchester terror attack victims
- 08:22 Manchester United Antoine Griezmann transfer discussed by Saul Niguez
- 08:21 Eamonn Holmes GRILLS David Davis over Brexit negotiations on GMB:...
- 08:20 Poldark’s Aidan Turner used to be an amateur dancer but ‘can’t...
- 08:20 Beyonce hasn’t had her twins yet and fans are getting impatient
- 08:20 House party thugs locked up after Fleetwood assault
- 08:18 Australia to cancel the passports of convicted paedophiles
- 08:18 School life: Calderdale College student to premiere his own production
- 08:16 Jab to stop damage after a heart attack: Protein in the injection...
- 08:16 Cancer drugs that could help end women's monthly agony: Discovery...
- 08:16 Almost 900,000 Britons are too fat to work: Number is five times...
- 08:16 Tiny telescope inserted into your eye that 10 TIMES stronger than...
- 08:16 an arrested after explosion in Malvern
- 08:16 Arsene Wenger will quit Arsenal this week, fears legend Ian Wright
- 08:15 House party thugs locked up after Fleetwood assault
- 08:15 Staff at Co-op in Barwell High Street tied up during armed robbery...
- 08:14 Nostalgia - Lottery tickets sold from town kiosk
- 08:14 Scunthorpe man pleads guilty to assault
- 08:14 Scunthorpe teenager homes in on bright future after setting up new...
- 08:14 Charity runner eyes challenge of the Sahara