600 staff affected by Travis Perkins branch closures
Northampton-based Travis Perkins is to close 30 branches of its builders merchant business
The move will put at risk the jobs of about 600 people, who the have been told of the news.
The firm, which employs 28,000 people across its 2,060 stores, said it feared an "uncertain UK outlook" over the next 12 month.
Low sales in its heating and plumbing division led to lower profits than managers had been expecting.
Branches of Travis Perkins, Benchmarx, BSS and PTS will close but DIY store Wickes is no affected.
John Carter, Travis Perkins chief executive, said it was still too early to... read more
- 01:33 Kim Kardashian slams Lamar Odom for visiting brothels after he...
- 01:33 Making a splash! Vampire Diaries star Nina Dobrev shows off very...
- 01:33 'Those pictures making me cry': Ewan McGregor's talented daughter...
- 01:30 Police and Crime Commissioner announces base share for Ripon's...
- 01:25 Adolescence now lasts from 10 to 24, scientists say
- 01:22 NHS bail-outs could become new normal, National Audit Office says
- 01:20 New Cleckheaton coaches eye winning start
- 01:19 Liverpool jail's severely ill inmates at substantial risk, says...
- 01:19 The Bollywood film breaking the taboo around periods
- 01:17 How Liverpool became the UK's 'worst jail'
- 01:11 Year in Provence author Peter Mayle dies, aged 78
- 01:05 Man Utd star Henrikh Mkhitaryan would be sensational at Arsenal -...
- 01:02 Police and Crime Commissioner announces base share for Ripon's...
- 00:59 PGA Tour: Jon Rahm reveals key behind career-best round
- 00:59 Breakthrough for the male birth control pill as scientists discover...
- 00:53 Will we ever be able to trust driverless cars?
- 00:53 MoD 'exposed financially' by carrier and jet programme
- 00:51 Coronation Street spoilers: Todd Grimshaw’s final exit revealed
- 00:50 Unique drone shots show how beautiful places look from above
- 00:47 Cancer blood test ‘enormously exciting’
- 00:44 ATM shake-up could leave many without cash, consumer group warns
- 00:37 Surviving cancer in a country with no radiotherapy machine
- 00:37 Why does South Korea matter so much to Bitcoin?
- 00:29 When working part-time isn't viable
- 00:29 Resting heart rate: What should it be? Abnormally fast rate is a...
- 00:29 Health update: Strong legs can help you walk into ripe old age
- 00:27 Chelsea deny breaking FIFA rules over signing overseas under-18...
- 00:27 Is sleeplessness REALLY the key to Donald's success? Researchers...
- 00:27 Shredded coconut blamed for salmonella outbreak sickening 25 people...
- 00:27 Third-grader dies of flu in Alabama days after governor declared a...