600 jobs set to go at Travis Perkins as 30 branches close
0 Have your say The UK’s biggest builders merchant, Travis Perkins, whose businesses include DIY chain Wickes, is closing 30 branches, putting 600 jobs at risk.
The branches will be shut across its trade businesses, while it is also closing 10 smaller distribution centres and writing off IT equipment.
The 600 affected workers have been told of the changes, Travis Perkins said.
The group operates almost 2,000 stores in the UK, including branches of Travis Perkins, BSS, Tile Giant, as well as Wickes.
It said profits would be lower than expected this year because of disappointing sales in its... read more
- 04:21 China urges U.S. to conduct fair probe into aluminium foil imports
- 04:20 Superstar: I'm in talks with Manchester United
- 04:18 Tottenham confident of summer deal for Liverpool target: Source...
- 04:12 UFC News: McGregor on Diaz trilogy fight, Bisping gives St-Pierre...
- 04:09 Manchester United ace to play key part in convincing star to snub...
- 04:03 Brazil 3-0 Paraguay: Neymar, Marcelo and Philippe Coutinho on the...
- 04:02 Floyd Mayweather admits he respects Conor McGregor's confidence...
- 04:01 Former Mexican ruling party governor wanted over embezzlement
- 03:54 Nintendo Switch games list UPDATE: Psyonix talk Rocket League plans...
- 03:53 Man quizzed over death of British woman at Australian strip club
- 03:51 Nikkei edges down in choppy trade as ex-dividend adjustment weighs
- 03:51 China says Taiwan man being investigated for endangering state
- 03:45 Asia stocks gains with dollar, sterling hit by Brexit woes
- 03:29 Vote to repeal U.S. broadband privacy rules sparks interest in VPNs
- 03:28 Emmerdale spoiler: Laurel set to spiral back into alcoholism after...
- 03:24 Video: Philippe Coutinho scores stunning goal for Brazil vs Paraguay
- 03:17 World War 3? Kim Jong-un may be in 'FINAL STAGES' of preparing for...
- 03:15 Samsung prepares to unveil new flagship smartphone
- 03:15 Mark Duggan family to learn result of inquest verdict challenge
- 03:15 Royal tour of Europe coincides with triggering of Article 50
- 03:07 Oil rises on Libyan supply disruptions, likely OPEC output cut...
- 03:06 Chelsea plan £300,000-a-week contract offer for Eden Hazard
- 02:58 SK Hynix in talks with Japanese investors for joint Toshiba chip...
- 02:49 President Donald Trump's seven most shocking views
- 02:42 China loses most of WTO poultry challenge, scores small win over EU
- 02:42 Volkswagen supervisory board backs Stadler, top managers
- 02:40 Tottenham ‘confident’ they have beaten Chelsea in race for...
- 02:28 PARIS IN FLAMES: Protests continue for second night after police...
- 02:23 Paraguay Congress wrestles again with presidential re-election law
- 02:11 Heartbroken Katie Waissel claims estranged husband has been...