600 jobs set to go at Travis Perkins as 30 branches close
The UK’s biggest builders merchant, Travis Perkins, whose businesses include DIY chain Wickes, is closing 30 branches, putting 600 jobs at risk.
The branches will be shut across its trade businesses, while it is also closing 10 smaller distribution centres and writing off IT equipment.
The 600 affected workers have been told of the changes, Travis Perkins said.
The group operates almost 2,000 stores in the UK, including branches of Travis Perkins, BSS, Tile Giant, as well as Wickes.
It said profits would be lower than expected this year because of disappointing sales in its plumbing and... read more
- 13:35 Free guide a welcome addition to Rasen walking routes
- 13:35 Lincolnshire Coastal Highway: Progress following ‘engagement meetings’
- 13:35 Snooker stars show their support for Hartlepool United
- 13:34 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho breaks silence and makes shock admission...
- 13:34 Real Madrid team news: Predicted Real Madrid line up vs Deportivo...
- 13:33 Film reviews: The Post | The Final Year | Coco | The Commuter
- 13:32 Tyson Fury free to set-up Anthony Joshua fight after boxing...
- 13:32 Olivier Giroud next club: Three Premier League sides in running to...
- 13:32 Wrexham AFC must be 100% focused for Hartlepool clash
- 13:31 Town Council agrees precept rise for Whitehaven residents
- 13:30 Castleford school to gift 1,000 books to set up library in Ghana
- 13:30 Health bosses hope to reassure people over shake-up of A&E services...
- 13:30 MP highlights issues facing hospital trust during parliamentary debate
- 13:30 New trusts announced for some of WCAT schools - but not those in...
- 13:29 Leeds man jailed for life for murder of Halifax mum Jessica King
- 13:29 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte opens up on transfer plans with Dzeko...
- 13:29 Court: Man punched to floor in Boroughbridge betting shop attack
- 13:28 British Boxing Board of Control WILL lift Tyson Fury's suspension...
- 13:28 UCI chief David Lappartient says Team Sky should suspend Chris...
- 13:28 Parents' privacy fears after school removes wall from front of...
- 13:28 Another road in Cumbria closed off because of badgers
- 13:28 Meet the Manager: Mark Hughes (Prestatyn Sports FC)
- 13:26 Man arrested after alleged sexual assault at Fellgate Metro station
- 13:26 M1 traffic: Huge delays following multi-vehicle crash - live updates
- 13:25 REVEALED: The number of pupils from your area of Wakefield...
- 13:25 Tyson Fury turns down Joseph Parker’s ring walk invitation
- 13:23 Lane closure prompts slow traffic on busy stretch of A50
- 13:22 Another road in Cumbria closed off because of badgers
- 13:22 Planned strike at Sellafield called off
- 13:22 Man exposes himself to teenage girl on Leicester bound train