600 jobs set to go at Travis Perkins as 30 branches close
0 Have your say The UK’s biggest builders merchant, Travis Perkins, whose businesses include DIY chain Wickes, is closing 30 branches, putting 600 jobs at risk.
The branches will be shut across its trade businesses, while it is also closing 10 smaller distribution centres and writing off IT equipment.
The 600 affected workers have been told of the changes, Travis Perkins said.
The group operates almost 2,000 stores in the UK, including branches of Travis Perkins, BSS, Tile Giant, as well as Wickes.
It said profits would be lower than expected this year because of disappointing sales in its... read more
- 07:31 Push the boat out with narrowboat holiday from Rugby
- 07:30 Devastated Warsop teen appeals for help after beloved pet Yorkie...
- 07:25 ‘Ridiculously complex’: Top financier blasts UK’s biggest fund
- 07:25 Burning issue: Are wood-burning stoves going to get the chop?
- 07:25 I'm fed up mowing the lawn – should I get artificial grass?
- 07:25 WEATHER: A mainly dry, misty day with some sunshine for Derbyshire
- 07:25 Debt collectors held to account as traffic fines claim a life
- 07:24 UK's pre-summit push to 'divide and rule EU27' impeded Brexit talks
- 07:23 Interview: Why Cast legend John Power is still having a Fine Time...
- 07:22 Champions League final: Real Madrid WILL target Liverpool star...
- 07:22 Champions League final: Praising Liverpool is a distraction ploy...
- 07:20 Residents of Woodford Halse to consider legal challenge over claims...
- 07:19 Hartlepool waiting on Sunderland, Newcastle and Middlesbrough over...
- 07:15 School to consider introducing own bus service in response to rail...
- 07:15 Coffee brewing duo find the right blend ahead of Ulverston festival...
- 07:15 Galloping down memory lane ahead of The Mail Picnic Day at Cartmel...
- 07:15 Art instillation allows visitors to view Lake District attraction...
- 07:12 Forking hell! Is The Good Place the ultimate TV show for our times?
- 07:11 Laughs galore in Chesterfield Operatics’ take on The Vicar of Dibley
- 07:09 18 guests reveal the worst things that happened to them at a wedding
- 07:09 Memories from the heart of the Aids crisis shows true love in a...
- 07:07 Gareth Shaw: Power of Attorney equals peace of mind
- 07:07 Saints farewell interview: Tom Stephenson
- 07:07 FEATURE: Getting to know... Cobblers’ academy graduate Sean Whaler
- 07:07 FARMING MATTERS: A chance to see beyond farm gate
- 07:05 Which goddess is said to live in Halema‘uma‘u Crater in Hawaii? The...
- 07:05 A letter to… my slob of a partner
- 07:05 Akala: ‘As I grew up, I became embarrassed by my mother’s whiteness'
- 07:05 Blind date: ‘She probably thinks I’ve seen too many Sharknado films’
- 07:04 New scheme to help ease parking chaos