600 jobs set to go at Travis Perkins as 30 branches close
0 Have your say The UK’s biggest builders merchant, Travis Perkins, whose businesses include DIY chain Wickes, is closing 30 branches, putting 600 jobs at risk.
The branches will be shut across its trade businesses, while it is also closing 10 smaller distribution centres and writing off IT equipment.
The 600 affected workers have been told of the changes, Travis Perkins said.
The group operates almost 2,000 stores in the UK, including branches of Travis Perkins, BSS, Tile Giant, as well as Wickes.
It said profits would be lower than expected this year because of disappointing sales in its... read more
- 15:45 Aston Martin stays ambitious despite massive losses
- 15:45 PCs who visited McDonald's before 999 call 'should be sacked'
- 15:44 Apprentices rise to the challenge at RAF Coningsby
- 15:43 Kodi users face crackdown from police and trading standards
- 15:43 Tile Hill alarm that's blared constantly for THREE WEEKS may...
- 15:42 All you need to know: Tougher penalties for drivers caught on the...
- 15:42 Call the Midwife praised for FGM storyline
- 15:42 The biggest fiasco in Oscars history - but at least it was memorable
- 15:41 Borussia Dortmund lose Mario Gotze to 'metabolic disorder' as...
- 15:41 Mystery as people wearing white robes spotted in Derby field
- 15:41 VIDEO: Hundreds turn out to protest against Bassetlaw children’s...
- 15:41 Retro Nokia 3310 is back - and it even includes the classic game...
- 15:40 VIDEO: Protesters hit out at plans to close Sheffield job centre...
- 15:39 Walker with a broken ankle rescued near sea
- 15:39 Parish council agree deal to adopt Cromford rail station
- 15:38 VIDEO: Protesters hit out at plans to close Sheffield job centre...
- 15:38 PHOTOS: A day at the pancake races! Traditional celebration returns...
- 15:37 Pukka Pads closes Huyton factory with loss of 55 jobs
- 15:37 Shareholders want miner Freeport to get tough with Indonesia - CEO
- 15:36 Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s impact on Manchester United is comparable to...
- 15:34 Antonio Conte's future: Could Chelsea boss have hinted at long stay?
- 15:34 Sixteen-year-old boy appears in court charged with murder of...
- 15:34 Popular pub restaurant firm named in top 10 best companies to work...
- 15:34 Faith puts Ghana at heart of global Christianity
- 15:34 Fire risk warning over Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda tumble dryers
- 15:34 Syria opposition seeks Russian clarity at Geneva talks
- 15:33 Leicester City challenge for ex-Lambs keeper Gill
- 15:32 Utility firm admits roadworks causing chaos on A590 in Ulverston...
- 15:31 World Rugby will consider rule change after Italy spark controversy...
- 15:31 Win tickets to spectacular Crick Boat Show