600 jobs could go at oil and gas engineering company's plant
Up to 600 jobs are under threat as an oil and gas engineering firm considers closing its manufacturing operation in Leeds.
OneSubsea said the "most severe downturn of the past 30 years" in the sector has left many of its plants "underutilised".
The company employs more than 900 people in Leeds and the proposal to close its manufacturing, assembly and testing facilities in the city would mean the loss of around 600 of these.
The firm said its engineering, project management and tendering operations in Leeds would not be affected.
In a statement, OneSubsea said: "The... read more
- 16:30 Watch: Dramatic arrest of man near Birmingham Cathedral
- 16:30 Teenage boy 'had sex with BBC presenter up to 15 times including...
- 16:29 Charity walk raises £10k
- 16:29 Richard Owen: Rugby league player found not guilty of sex offences...
- 16:29 Man on sex offenders’ register to be sentenced after breaching order
- 16:29 Police reassure public as threat level is increased to critical
- 16:29 NOSTALGIA: Council carve 2007
- 16:28 Deadline approaches for names in major Yorkshire tourism awards
- 16:28 England's Big Picture: 22 - 28 May
- 16:28 Boots of Nottingham opens 'historic' digital archive
- 16:28 Carrick-a-Rede bridge closed after 'vandals cut rope'
- 16:28 Conservatives report most donations in first part of year
- 16:28 Decorated Normandy war veteran Eric Gower given emotional military...
- 16:28 Councillors decide McDonald's near Laceby will NOT be allowed to...
- 16:28 OECD says 'basic income' reform would need more taxes
- 16:27 All you need to know about the meaning of critical terror threat
- 16:27 Police officer killed in Manchester terror attack reported to be...
- 16:27 Zlatan Ibrahimovic derby strike for Manchester United the most...
- 16:27 Middlesbrough confirm goalkeeper Victor Valdes has left the club as...
- 16:27 One last fundraising push for new Chesterfield cancer centre
- 16:27 Schools' support for pupils dealing with aftermath of Manchester...
- 16:27 TV star takes on sweet challenge
- 16:27 Blackpool business expo set for return
- 16:26 Police reassure public as threat level is increased to critical
- 16:25 Does London really subsidise the UK?
- 16:25 Continental 24: Bentley's Nurburgring homage
- 16:25 Activists step up protest against logging in ancient Polish forest
- 16:25 Sam Warburton warms up with reaction ball in British and Irish...
- 16:25 Danny Welbeck hopes FA Cup final victory over Chelsea can lift...
- 16:25 Cesar Azpilicueta and Ben Gibson lead five-man Premier League...