600 jobs could go at oil and gas engineering company's plant
Up to 600 jobs are under threat as an oil and gas engineering firm considers closing its manufacturing operation in Leeds.
OneSubsea said the "most severe downturn of the past 30 years" in the sector has left many of its plants "underutilised".
The company employs more than 900 people in Leeds and the proposal to close its manufacturing, assembly and testing facilities in the city would mean the loss of around 600 of these.
The firm said its engineering, project management and tendering operations in Leeds would not be affected.
In a statement, OneSubsea said: "The... read more
- 08:27 Newcastle Victoria Tunnel: Take a tour of the tunnel 85ft beneath...
- 08:27 Guess who's back? Eminem to headline Reading and Leeds festivals
- 08:27 Tragic ex-footballer's legacy of life as Shaun Woodburn's organs...
- 08:27 RBS faces NINTH year in the red as annual losses extend to £7BILLION
- 08:27 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling stays STRONG despite good...
- 08:26 Engineering firm IMI sees drop in 2017 first-half organic revenue
- 08:26 Witches are putting a spell on Donald Trump at midnight
- 08:25 FOLLOW-UP: Angry reaction over the ‘red phone box saga’ continues
- 08:24 Aston Villa LIVE: Steve Bruce's press conference; Scott Hogan...
- 08:24 Cannabis plants found in police raid in Rotherham
- 08:24 Tributes after legendary local football figure dies
- 08:23 Property expert reveals where in Grimsby and Cleethorpes is best...
- 08:23 Badminton: Double delight for Diane Gillan at Scottish Championships
- 08:22 Here’s how you can cancel your Labour party membership
- 08:22 Challenge of delays in leaving hospital
- 08:21 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Zachary Quinto slams Trump over transgender students at Oscar...
- 08:20 Guus Hiddink on Leicester City’s shortlist to replace Claudio Ranieri
- 08:20 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Should Nottingham's Brian Clough statue be moved to the City Ground?
- 08:19 Littletown defeat league leaders and remain on course for treble
- 08:17 In Japan, 'Rocky' and 'Premium Friday' join fight against overtime
- 08:17 Chelsea first-team star could be shipped out this summer: Here's why
- 08:16 The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan SLAMS 'stupid people'...
- 08:13 Storm Doris sees Boston’s Sluice Bridge level crossing stuck shut
- 08:12 Middlewood Park and Ride closed this Sunday for maintenance work
- 08:10 Vital Foresight youth club saved thanks to £66,000 grant funding...
- 08:10 Health minister Philip Dunne backing midwife-led maternity units
- 08:10 Work to start on converting Newport's Royal Victoria Hotel into flats
- 08:10 Shropshire councillors freeze annual allowances