6 things you learn if you get engaged young
When I got engaged I was 24. I was the first one of my friends to do it.
Since then quite a few of my friends’ boyfriends have put a ring on it and I’ve realized how different it is if you get engaged when you’re in your early twenties.
Brits are getting hitched later and later, with the UK average now being around 30 for a woman or 32 for a bloke – a decade later than in the 1970’s.
So what happens when you buck the trend and decide that you’ve found The One in your early twenties?
1. Everyone thinks you’re pregnant It doesn’t matter that I was knocking back the champagne and puffing on a... read more
- 09:21 East Links Family Park is shortlisted
- 09:21 Mayor backs sceme to make Hebburn ‘dementia friendly’
- 09:21 Children set to enjoy week of unicorns, dragons and monsters in...
- 09:21 South Shields youngster set to perform in national compeition
- 09:21 South Shields author ready to release new interactive book
- 09:21 Hebburn mum calls for temperature trigger for lifeguard patrols
- 09:20 Yorwaste helps pair into jobs at Seamer Carr
- 09:19 Liverpool fans attacked by masked ‘hooligans’ in Kiev ahead of...
- 09:19 Transforming waste wood into something wonderful
- 09:19 Enjoy high drama on this cliff-top trail
- 09:19 Calling all rebels: Dundee exhibition celebrates 80 years of The Beano
- 09:17 Worrying rise in children referred for mental health treatment in...
- 09:16 Exit polls suggest landslide vote for reform in Irish abortion...
- 09:15 WEATHER: A sunny Saturday for South Yorkshire
- 09:13 Latest news from Berwick Naturalists Club
- 09:12 Police appeal for information after a caravan theft
- 09:10 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:08 Chelsea Clinton: ‘I’ve had vitriol flung at me for as long as I can...
- 09:08 Woman escapes safely after car catches fire on A590
- 09:08 University of Southern California president quits in gynaecology...
- 09:07 Meet the volunteers of the scenic Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
- 09:07 The artist 'beguiled' by a Yorkshire forest
- 09:07 Doncaster's 'eighth wonder of the world': The house made of sand...
- 09:07 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:06 Conservatives call for ‘simpler’ parking policy in Sunderland with...
- 09:04 Music review: Nina Nesbitt
- 09:04 Music review: Sparks
- 09:04 Music review: Echo & the Bunnymen
- 09:04 Comedy review: Tim Vine: Sunset Milk Idiot
- 09:04 Theatre review: Sunshine on Leith