£50m youth employment scheme in limbo leaving thousands waiting for support to find work
A £50 million scheme to create job opportunities for 16,000 young Brummies is being partially relaunched after the city council failed to appoint contractors to deliver it in many parts of the city.
The council’s much-heralded Youth Employment Initiative in the north, east and west of the city has been left in limbo after no organisations were appointed to run it. Only four contracts of 11 have been awarded - including those covering Solihull and south Birmingham.
It means the service is not available in the north, east or west of Birmingham - including areas with high youth unemployment... read more
- 11:18 Pigeon Man vows to continue feeding birds despite threat of jail
- 11:17 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 11:16 Men win the battle of the taxes, says HMRC
- 11:16 Government loses Brexit Supreme Court battle over power to trigger...
- 11:16 Funding for housing
- 11:16 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:16 Myton School receive top award for their library
- 11:16 Kenilworth pair cook for world’s best chefs in France
- 11:16 Robert Fuller: Bounty for birds from wildlife friendly farming
- 11:16 Speeding fines are set to ROCKET to a week's wages
- 11:16 Social media users help capture fox injured by illegal trap in York
- 11:16 Irish town plagued with phone calls to Babestation chatline
- 11:16 Handsworth bus murder: Police release description of knife killer
- 11:16 10 wedding trends that will be everywhere in 2017
- 11:16 It doesn’t look likely that McDonald’s will bring all-day breakfast...
- 11:15 Simply the best: The top 30 players in the Premier League confirmed...
- 11:14 Joel Matip update: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp finally ready to...
- 11:14 YouTuber becomes internet sensation as she promises sex show if she...
- 11:13 How did the filming of a music video end in tragedy?
- 11:13 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:13 People are genuinely concerned for Melania’s welfare following...
- 11:13 Why you shouldn’t secretly take a stranger’s photo and post it online
- 11:12 Will petrol prices in Derby keep on soaring?
- 11:12 Did you know you're living in a FOG CLOUD in Derby right now?
- 11:12 Social care gets £1m boost
- 11:12 Driving test changes due to affect Burton and South Derbyshire...
- 11:12 Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea in competition to sign...
- 11:12 Five stats that prove Alexis Sanchez is Arsenal's only hope of success
- 11:11 Ahenkorah set to miss next four Town games
- 11:11 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...