£500,000 'cash for crash' fraud trial starts at Carlisle court
Four people have gone on trial accused of being part of a £500,000 “cash for crash” insurance fraud.
A jury at Carlisle Crown Court heard that the huge scam was masterminded by Carlisle man Mark McCracken, 47, who used numerous fake identities to lodge fraudulent insurance claims after imaginary crashes. He has already admitted fraud.
The case before the court involves four people accused of working with McCracken to lodge bogus claims, part of a series of 13 allegations involving insurance payouts of £239,000.
The value of the entire fraud was £500,000, said Mr Evans.
In the dock were... read more
- 15:43 Midfielder: This is what I will do to play for Chelsea
- 15:43 Krispy Kreme has changed name because Brits can't say it properly
- 15:43 Paul Scholes on Jose Mourinho: This is what I really think of the...
- 15:42 Volkswagen settles 10 U.S. state diesel claims for $157 million
- 15:42 As austerity digs in, Greek courts are battleground on foreclosures
- 15:42 Rugby fund backs Rugby school
- 15:42 New project will create graduate jobs at small Notts businesses
- 15:41 Krispy Kreme has changed name because Brits can't say it properly
- 15:41 Fylde graphic house defies Brexit in global talent hunt
- 15:41 Restorative justice project launched in Northumberland
- 15:40 Selly Park travellers hit with eviction notice after SIXTH illegal...
- 15:40 Reward of up to £25,000 to catch people scamming cash machines
- 15:40 Police issue photo of man in hunt for lottery ticket scam gang
- 15:39 Does not drinking enough water really make your vagina dehydrated?
- 15:39 WARNING: Thieves target cars in Bamber Bridge
- 15:39 Expected Man Utd XI: Who is fit for Jose Mourinho’s 4-2-3-1 to take...
- 15:38 Arrest warrant as Telford burglar, 31, is jailed in his absence
- 15:37 Krispy Kreme has changed name because Brits can't say it properly
- 15:37 Greggs bakery heir Colin Gregg jailed for abusing boys
- 15:36 Wrexham AFC striker George Harry delighted to open his senior account
- 15:35 Why Ferrari will continue to dominate Mercedes and Red Bull in...
- 15:35 Police appeal after man exposes himself to teenage girls
- 15:35 Vodka thief sent back to prison for £7 theft in Mansfield
- 15:35 Call of Duty WW2 update: Here's when will Call of Duty 2017 will be...
- 15:35 Justice League: You won’t BELIEVE how long the Batman v Superman...
- 15:34 Creators in chief: The 10 Prem stars to create the most chances...
- 15:34 Dog owners warned after Alabama Rot case confirmed near Warwick
- 15:33 Driver took 44 TONNE lorry on Swarkestone Bridge (the limit is 7.5...
- 15:33 'He could have played for Manchester United' - Birmingham City fans...
- 15:33 Niall Farrell: Remember the name of this wonderkid-in-waiting