5 year-old calls Celtic to apologise for missing game
A five-year-old Celtic fan who missed a match due to it clashing with a friend’s birthday party has phoned the club to apologise.
Louis Kayes, from Moodiesburn, North Lanarkshire, called the Glasgow club to tell them he was sorry for being unable to attend Celtic’s 2-0 win over Motherwell last Saturday.
It is understood Louis searched for Celtic’s website on his mother’s phone and hit the call button.
Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland’s Kaye Adams programme on Wednesday, the boy’s mother, Lisa Kayes, 35, said Louis wanted to speak to Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers and his favourite player... read more
- 08:01 Firefighters tackle house fire in Gainsborough
- 07:54 Guest Column: Taking the stress out of moving schools
- 07:54 Guest column: Heathrow plan could mean jobs boom for this area
- 07:54 Guest Column: Having the courage to get help is the best thing for...
- 07:52 Woman left unconscious outside club after telling man pestering her...
- 07:51 Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Jurgen Klopp identifies MASSIVE weakness...
- 07:51 Man Utd star Marcus Rashford has gone backwards under Jose Mourinho...
- 07:50 'Remember Savita': father's plea for voters to end Ireland's...
- 07:49 Astronomers discover a giant world – but is it a planet?
- 07:48 The GPs offering a lifeline to homeless patients
- 07:46 Carlisle-born footballer Grant Holt switches to professional wrestling
- 07:45 Kona aims to be king compact
- 07:44 Lauryn Hill marks 20 years of Miseducation album with arena tour
- 07:44 Unai Emery to Arsenal: New manager will be under INTENSE pressure...
- 07:43 Bury North MP James Frith opens Old Hall Primary School's new annex
- 07:43 Ferrari driver involved in supercar smash in Sheffield tracked down...
- 07:42 Rail groups coupling together to revive electrification proposals
- 07:39 Toni Kroos FEARS Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool due to his time at...
- 07:39 Liverpool News: Lyon offer major Fekir update, Kroos claim,...
- 07:39 Philippe Coutinho makes Barcelona ace Lionel Messi submit transfer...
- 07:36 Part of M6 in Cumbria shut due to lorry fire overnight
- 07:33 Chelsea transfer news: Next Blues boss told to build team around...
- 07:31 ‘Prolific’ car thief banned from entering three areas of Sunderland
- 07:31 Boris Johnson wants a private plane for Brexit business ‘because...
- 07:31 Last ditch attempt to save Calderdale school building
- 07:26 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 07:26 Texting mistakes you don’t know you’re making
- 07:21 Donald Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 07:20 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:16 M&S profits slump on store closure costs