43 per cent rise in NSPCC child abuse referrals in Grimsby area - including one report of slavery
A SHARP rise in the number of contacts passed on to police and the council by the NSPCC shows people are becoming "more alive to the issues of child abuse".
The charity's helpline has seen a 43 per cent increase in contacts deemed serious enough to refer to external agencies in North East Lincolnshire amid rising reports of neglect and physical abuse – and even included one report of slavery.
New figures from the free 24-hour NSPCC helpline show 123 contacts were passed on in 2015/16 compared with 86 in 2012/13.
The concerns raised by members of the public ranged from those... read more
- 02:04 Nicole Scherzinger puts on a raunchy display in an S&M-inspired...
- 02:04 Dapper Benedict Cumberbatch hits Doctor Strange premiere in Berlin...
- 02:04 Elizabeth Hurley, 51, defies her years as she rules the red carpet...
- 02:04 Seeing double! Abbey Clancy, 30, teases a glimpse of her taut tum...
- 02:04 That's one Elle of a dress! Gwyneth Paltrow dazzles in sheer...
- 01:59 'It's all over': James Packer 'DUMPS' fiancée Mariah Carey over...
- 01:59 'He's giving them out willy nilly': Candice left fuming as rival...
- 01:59 Brent crude oil dips below $50 on doubts OPEC can coordinate output...
- 01:55 REVIEW & VIDEO: Heaven 17 and BEF dazzle at Sheffield City Hall
- 01:54 David Moyes admits he deserved punishment for swearing at ref in...
- 01:52 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Thursday
- 01:51 Samsung operating profit plunges 30% in wake of Note 7 fiasco
- 01:47 Drive to reduce and reform police use of 'stop and search' powers
- 01:47 Labour pledges to update national curriculum to reflect LGBT issues
- 01:47 Candice Brown crowned Bake Off winner in last series before Channel...
- 01:47 Decline in species threatens 'global mass extinction of wildlife'
- 01:47 Surgeons should 'let patients choose' to avoid litigation, new...
- 01:47 Drop in number of EU students applying for UK university courses
- 01:47 Mission accomplished for Calais Jungle clearance, France says
- 01:44 Chris Evans and Nick Grimshaw both lose listeners
- 01:43 Bonfire Night firework events near Birmingham for 2016
- 01:39 Drop in number of EU students applying for UK university courses
- 01:39 UK car exports offset domestic drop in September output rise
- 01:32 Surgeons should 'let patients choose' to avoid litigation, new...
- 01:32 CBI in call to Government to increase public investment
- 01:32 Candice Brown crowned Bake Off winner in last series before Channel...
- 01:32 Mission accomplished for Calais Jungle clearance, France says
- 01:32 Drive to reduce and reform police use of 'stop and search' powers
- 01:32 Labour pledges to update national curriculum to reflect LGBT issues
- 01:32 Decline in species threatens 'global mass extinction of wildlife'