400-year-old pub is going to be turned into flats - despite the noisy church bells next door
The Cross Keys, which is nearly 400 years old, has been shut for three years.
And Salford council has now given the go ahead for it to be turned into apartments.
Planning permission was granted despite concerns that its proximity to the town’s parish church could cause problems.
In a town hall report one resident supported the reuse of the building but there were concerns about new residents complaining about the regular ringing of church bells.
The local says it should be taken into account when designing the flats.
Council officers say double glazing will be installed in the apartments.
A... read more
- 07:45 Substantial damage caused to parked car during hit-and-run in Askam
- 07:45 Today's Weather: dim and damp
- 07:45 Tuesday traffic updates
- 07:44 Police remind people not to open their doors to ‘unfamiliar cattle’
- 07:44 Multi vehicle accident on M62 near Leeds
- 07:42 YP Comment: Quality teaching can change lives. Schools only as good...
- 07:41 Aston Villa digest: Newcastle United aftermath; Henri Lansbury...
- 07:41 Birmingham City digest: Gianfranco Zola latest; Jack Storer on...
- 07:40 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 21
- 07:40 Merkel's conservative moves ahead of SPD in latest poll by INSA
- 07:40 Speed cameras: where to spot them
- 07:39 Rapist teacher who romped with pupils in her car avoids 30-year...
- 07:39 Farc rebels in Colombia begin disarmament process
- 07:38 Kevin De Bruyne: Man City can't compete with Man United and...
- 07:38 EXCLUSIVE - China's Sinochem may sell 40 percent stake in Brazil's...
- 07:38 Transfer News: Arsenal to open Insigne talks, winger eyes Man Utd,...
- 07:38 Anglo American reports 25 percent rise in core earnings, to resume...
- 07:38 Man charged after police incident in Pocklington
- 07:37 Teenager pulled from moped in Scarborough robbery
- 07:37 Fan of ‘The Bill’ needs one DVD to complete collection of more than...
- 07:37 Mulberry just made it okay to wear your duvet to work
- 07:36 Tributes pour in after tragic train death
- 07:33 This Chelsea player can't complain about being benched by Antonio...
- 07:32 Man Utd star snubbed sensational salary in China: He could have...
- 07:31 Barcelona star Gerard Pique hits back at Luis Enrique critics: We...
- 07:31 Factories hit a two-year high but prices fuel concerns
- 07:31 Rosneft becomes first oil major to pre-finance Kurdish crude
- 07:31 Telefonica to sell up to 40 percent of Telxius to KKR for 1.3...
- 07:30 Gunfire and explosions in NW Pakistan
- 07:29 Amir Khan v Manny Pacquiao fight could take place later this year