£4.5m scheme gives passengers a lift
A £4.5m project has been completed – meaning that at long last, Leyland station is fully accessible to everyone.
A ceremony was held yesterday to mark the completion of the project, which gives step-free access to all platforms.
Passengers using Leyland station can now use lifts, a new footbridge and new staircases which provide easier access to trains thanks to the investment, part of the government’s Access for All scheme.
It will be a great boost for disabled folk who at one point had found the station so difficult to use that they even had to catch a train to Preston, then back to... read more
- 21:15 Emotional appeal to bring missing dog Buster home for Christmas
- 21:14 Are these the most embarrassing lies EVER? Hilarious posts from...
- 21:15 Record-setting rally pushes on as laggards get legs
- 21:14 Facebook set to turn comments on popular posts into popup chat...
- 21:14 Take a trip over Mawrth Vallis: Stunning simulated flyover of...
- 21:14 From smiley faces on Mars to astronauts jumping across the lunar...
- 21:07 FOR THE WEEK, THE DOW ROSE 3.1 PCT, THE S&P GAINED 3.1 PCT AND THE...
- 21:06 It's official - Derbyshire is one of the luckiest places to buy a...
- 21:04 Drug dealer jailed after posting selfies with massive wads of cash
- 21:02 Louth man’s child abduction and sex abuse trial date set for April
- 21:00 Ajax manager: Why this player is really at Chelsea
- 20:58 Dean Smith: why crowd could be key for Burton Albion at Brentford
- 20:57 Ghana's president Mahama concedes election defeat
- 20:56 Is Bakewell Winter Wonderland under fire again?
- 20:54 Obama orders review into 'Russian hacking' before US election
- 20:54 Philippines president tells people to deal with his mass killings...
- 20:52 Oil traders prepare flotilla to ship U.S. exports to Asia
- 20:46 A mistake to knock down any of Derby Royal Infirmary 'onion' domes,...
- 20:45 Ghana president admits defeat in poll
- 20:45 Lebanese government must be formed as soon as possible - Hezbollah
- 20:45 Ghana president Mahama concedes election - aide to opposition leader
- 20:43 Donald Trump phone call to Nicola Sturgeon
- 20:41 First look inside new Scunthorpe town centre restaurant
- 20:41 Two vehicle crash on busy Scunthorpe road
- 20:38 Murderer jailed for 1986 rape thanks to DNA testing advances
- 20:37 Egypt security forces hit by two bombings in a single day
- 20:34 Theresa May is urged to halt Rupert Murdoch's $22bn deal to...
- 20:32 Jamie Carragher picks Chelsea legend in ultimate five-a-side of...
- 20:31 Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez discusses his love for dogs Atom...
- 20:29 Prime Minister backs Lincolnshire Farmers over Brexit