£4.5m scheme gives passengers a lift
A £4.5m project has been completed – meaning that at long last, Leyland station is fully accessible to everyone.
A ceremony was held yesterday to mark the completion of the project, which gives step-free access to all platforms.
Passengers using Leyland station can now use lifts, a new footbridge and new staircases which provide easier access to trains thanks to the investment, part of the government’s Access for All scheme.
It will be a great boost for disabled folk who at one point had found the station so difficult to use that they even had to catch a train to Preston, then back to... read more
- 15:37 South Africa's Gordhan to arrive back home on Tuesday morning -...
- 15:37 Music on the metro - Moscow commuters enjoy live performances
- 15:37 Gold coin worth $4 million stolen from Berlin museum
- 15:37 Rise in pupils taking term-time holidays in Sheffield
- 15:37 Cumbria police and crime commissioner launches youth commission group
- 15:37 Controlled burning in Ulverston
- 15:37 South Sudan attack 'could hinder aid deliveries'
- 15:37 Body found in suitcase in Italian port of Rimini
- 15:35 Sheffield young composers join forces with Music in the Round
- 15:35 Same old story as Ashington lose
- 15:35 Nigeria v Burkina Faso friendly cancelled: London fixture off after...
- 15:34 Ex-training partner lifts lid on Georges St-Pierre's return to UFC...
- 15:34 Jail for rapist who broke into woman's house as she slept
- 15:34 Chelsea beat host of Premier League rivals to secure deal for...
- 15:33 Academy backtracks on library ban
- 15:33 Let there be neon light: Tate Britain unveils 'drawing in space'
- 15:31 REVEALED: How to tell if your PC or Mac has been HACKED
- 15:31 London terror attacker ‘drove at 76mph’ as he aimed car at victims...
- 15:31 What will happen after Article 50 is triggered?
- 15:30 Delayed...again - but new hope is on the horizon for an end to A590...
- 15:30 How parents are refusing to let their children play out until THIS age
- 15:30 Mum can't take three-year-old to Coventry park because of burnt out...
- 15:30 Setback for planned bespoke rabbit hotel
- 15:29 Tamworth FC: British Army game is great for Lambs
- 15:29 Why Sandwell College students are building a hovercraft
- 15:29 Coleen Nolan reveals sister Linda's heartbreaking cancer diagnosis
- 15:29 The 14 West Brom transfers under Steve Clarke - what they're doing now
- 15:29 Aston Villa's pursuit of Manchester United's Sam Johnstone: The...
- 15:29 Birmingham Moseley 28 Macclesfield 24: Haisila's double delight...
- 15:29 Live: Major M6 delays as THREE LANES are closed through Birmingham