'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more... read more
- 19:40 Joey Barton: Suspended Rangers star emerges from showdown talks
- 19:40 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho is questioning himself... he knows the...
- 19:37 CCTV released of missing Joshua Smith in Stone as family urge...
- 19:35 UK Government denies ‘sweetheart deal’ with Nissan
- 19:34 Boxer Jon Slowey hit with three-year ban after testing positive for...
- 19:34 Hull City's Adama Diomande charged with violent conduct by the FA...
- 19:31 Newcastle has been voted the UK's friendliest city - but is it? See...
- 19:31 Non-league football: warning as Stapenhill aim to up pressure on...
- 19:31 Playwright Lee Hall hits out at decision that could see some of...
- 19:31 Non-league football: Rocester eye a place in the top half
- 19:31 'Selling the family silver' - Newcastle City Council slammed for...
- 19:31 Pressure grows on £200 million hospital cleaning firm
- 19:31 Non-league football: Practice makes perfect for Gresley
- 19:31 Non-league football: Wall rallying cry as Barton prepare to face...
- 19:31 Council home 'closed' to stop antisocial behaviour
- 19:31 Hockey: Barton 2nds do enough to defeat their local rivals
- 19:31 Rugby union: Burton aiming to chop down Oak
- 19:29 Red kite populations taking off slowly in the north due to killings
- 19:27 Government accused over 'chaotic' education policy after Bill dropped
- 19:27 Injected male contraceptive 'effective for 96% of couples'
- 19:27 French judge to investigate disappearance of Franco-Syrians in Syria
- 19:27 Missing man found 'safe and well'
- 19:27 Bayern Munich confident Robert Lewandowski will sign new bumper...
- 19:26 Chellaston's Andrew Smyth hints at well-earned hangover after Great...
- 19:26 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp believes Kevin Stewart is his side’s...
- 19:25 Dad and lad burglary team admit spate of break ins targeting 12...
- 19:23 CenturyLink nears deal to merge with Level 3: sources
- 19:23 Ford, GM pitch new strategies; Wall Street snubs them
- 19:21 Winning world title would fulfil "childhood dream" - Nico Rosberg
- 19:20 Queen's Medical Centre tram bridge approved by Nottingham City Council