350 oil workers sacked over ‘unreasonable’ pay demands
NORWEGIAN oil and gas bosses have fired 350 striking workers, claiming their union’s wage demands were “unreasonable.” The Norwegian Oil Industry Association announced on Wednesday that it had sacked the Industri Energi union members a week after they walked out of several firms. Mediated pay talks on behalf of 6,500 members at 30 companies broke down earlier this month. Industri Energi’s Ommund Stokka said at the outset of the action: “We are on strike because the Norwegian Oil Industry Association did not show any willingness to meet us at our moderate demands.” The industry association... read more
- 09:23 Life sciences firm Elasmogen secures £1.2m injection
- 09:23 Boston United to extend stay at York Street while Quadrant building...
- 09:22 Man smashes van windscreen in road rage incident in Corby
- 09:22 WATCH: Dolphins captured by drone off Northumberland coast
- 09:21 Three wasted police time by making false 999 calls
- 09:21 Two women 'sexually assaulted' at Download Festival, court told
- 09:21 Big Little Lies: Nicole Kidman left in 'a lot of pain' with...
- 09:20 Which 11 Prem stars make it into the European media’s top 25...
- 09:20 In-demand midfielder appears to confirm Manchester United transfer
- 09:20 Burglars targeting two Sheffield suburbs in crime wave
- 09:20 Mobile phone snatched from delivery company
- 09:20 New car park opens in Crowle as part of regeneration plans
- 09:20 Neighbours star Little aims for large panto success at Palace Theatre
- 09:19 Work on £52,000 skate park nearing completion
- 09:19 South Yorkshire blinded military hero makes second attempt to reach...
- 09:19 Rangers prodigy Billy Gilmour a summer target for Chelsea - but...
- 09:19 VOTE: Have PNE left themselves with too much to do?
- 09:18 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:18 Meet Nottingham lawyer whose brother-in-law Nick Wright scored one...
- 09:18 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:17 Richard Branson makes THIS shocking Dragon's Den confession
- 09:17 WEATHER ALERT: Beware foggy conditions
- 09:17 AA full-year core profit steady, new business up
- 09:17 Fears Brits could lose £1.1bn in spare change by forgetting to swap...
- 09:17 Coventry City and Charlton Athletic fans to team up for joint...
- 09:17 Elderly man taken to hospital after fire at Norman Hudson Care Home...
- 09:17 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:16 South Yorkshire residents could no longer get access to...
- 09:16 New Zealand coach issues injury update on Leeds star Chris Wood,...
- 09:16 Chelsea transfer decision to be made in next fortnight, steep fee...